Powered by Blogger.

The Trial Of Buying Foundation

By 6:48 PM ,

This week, my foundation I had noticed, was starting to run out. So naturally, I decided it might be time to do a bit of research and see what I might replace it with.

As you might have seen in a previous post, I currently use a Maybelline Foundation (Dream Satin Liquid in Light Porcelain). This one was like a great discovery, because I bought it on a whim, after they has stopped doing the other Maybelline Foundation that I liked. I have used Maybelline for many years, including the Dream Matte Mousse foundation, but the Dream Satin Liquid one has been my favourite so far.

Having seen far too many adverts for the new Fit Me range, I decided to give it a go. I went on to the website and used their special feature to decide on which shade I should go for, which ended up being 120. I felt quite happy with that, as it seem to match the colour of the one I had at the moment, according to the picture on the website. So off I toddled to Boots and got it, as well as the powder, cause Boots had a but 1 get 1 1/2 price offer.

Well, I think you can tell where this is going - we did not fit. I felt it was too dark for me, very orange and the coverage - well I didn't reckon much too it based on the Dream Satin Liquid one. In Maybelline's defense, I found it hard to go for whether I had a yellow or pink undertone, it's really hard to tell, for me personally. But even if the colour was correct, the coverage was still an issue for me. The Dream Satin one is very concealing, which I love. This one was quite runny - it ran down my hand (I put dots of foundation on my hand to apply to my face) - and it just didn't fit (excuse the pun!). I also think it broke my chin out in spots!

I wasn't sure if I could take it back or not, but after emailing Boots, they very kindly offered me 1000 advantage card points, which I thought was nice and generous of them.

This is just my story of the product, so let me know what you have experienced.

So the two morals of the story; One: If it aint broke, don't break it! and Two: Stick with what you know!

That's why I have a lovelt new bottle of Dream Satin Liquid sat next to me!

xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments