Powered by Blogger.

Pound Shop Haul

By 2:43 PM , , ,

First off, apologies for the lack of post. I caught a dreaded Christmas cold and didn't do anything for a week. Then, as it's coming up to Christmas, I've just been busy with Christmas stuff lol.

But I'm back, with a brilliant bargin! 4 varnishes, 2 Revlon, 1 Sally Hansen and a Rimmel for £4!!! Good old Pound Shop (not sure which pound house, but no doubt it's one of them!).

First off, is Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 17 Ivy League, followed by Revlon Nail Enamel in 025 Plum Night and 044 Blue Lagoon. Finally, is a Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Pure Silver.

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in 17 Ivy League, is a lovely shimmery lime green. It's quite light in consistency, and after three coats, it's not opaque, but it is such a beautiful lime colour. I don't really have anything to compare it to, cause I don't own many greens, it's really only slightly similar to Technic Kool Kiwi, but that's slightly more yellow toned. I actually like green as a nail colour, as OPI's Did It On Em' is one of my alltime favourites.

Next up is Revlon Nail Enamel in 025 Plum Night. I love the shape of Revlon bottles, they look so pretty sat on your shelf! I only own two other Revlon's, it dupe of my fav OPI varnish, Radiant and a Gold Glitter called Sequins, which was a gift with purchase in Boots. Plum Night really does what it says on the tin, it's a very deep purple, completely beautiful. Opaque in two, but you can deepen it with more coats. It's almost a chocolate brown, it's that deep. I own a lot of purples, so I had some to compare with, but really didn't find any as deep as this. It is similar in deepness to Nicole by OPI Denim To Earth, but that is slightly more blue toned. I can't wait to wear this!

The second Revlon is 044 Blue Lagoon. I knew when I bought this that I would have one to compare it too, but more on that later. Blue Lagoon is a beautiful icy blue with a gorgeous faint glitter shimmer through it. I love frosty turquoise blues, so this screamed out at me as soon as I saw it. It's nearly opaque in three, but it might be better layered over another light blue. This is very similar in colour tone to Model's Own Bloo Boo, but that has no shimmer. My reason for buying it was because it is very similar to Barry M Blue Moon, although that is slighty green. I love the Barry M one, but it is a bugger for drying and always smudges, so I'm hoping to have more luck with this!

Finally, Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Pure Silver. Again, I love the bottle of this, the square shape is good for storage and it has a nice little Rimmel Crown on the lid. It is a big old polish even though their is less in than an OPI bottle lol. It's a metallic silver, as you can see, but it's a slightly whiter toned silver. I do have Barry M Foil and there isn't to much difference, but the Barry M one is a little streaky, because it's a one coat one, whereas this one is less, and really, you can never have enough silver.

Overall, I am so pleased with this little bargin, I can't wait to get more! Let me know if you have had any bargin buys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments