Powered by Blogger.

January Favourites 2013

By 11:34 AM , , , , , , ,

Welcome to my January Favourites! I thought I would do them today, as I am most likely to forget about them by next week! Some of these are actually from December, but as you remember, I had a terrible December because of my cold, so I didn't really have any to add with medicine lol! So let's begin!

I'm probably jumping on the biggest band wagon here, but I finally invested in some Rimmel Stay Matte Press Powder and I'm so glad I did! It is just the perfect powder, it's not cakey and it does exactly what it says. I tried a swatch on my hand and it really made my skin look smoother and you can actually get a good amount of product with a powder brush, unlike with the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder. I will be sticking with this. Next, Boots had a really great offer on a lot of Revlon products, reducing them to £5, so I decided to try the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara, because I've heard such good things about it. I am very cynical on Mascaras, because I've tried others but always gone back to Miss Sporty surprising, I really love their Fabulous Lash Mascara in Black and for £1.99, it excellent value. Having said that, I have been very impressed with the Revlon one, it gives a really good length to my lashes but I don't know whether it's made them healthier, I haven't used it for long enough. Finally, and this is an old favourite, I have been constantly reaching for my Jennifer Lopez Live Perfume. I was lucky enough a few years back to win a contest and I got a load of Jennifer Lopez fragrance goodies, including a 100ml bottle of Live. This has such a strong but really nice fruity smell, it's just gorgeous!

Next up is a duo from Lush. I have really taken to their Let The Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser. I have been using it every night now for about 2 weeks, and it leaves my skin really soft and refreshed after a long day. Plus it smells amazing! I have also been using their lip scrub in Popcorn, whenever I see my lips getting a little flaky or chapped, and it just takes that all away. Now, I did mention in the post on these two products, that it said you could like it off your lips. I have gotten some in my mouth on occasion and let's just say, I won't be licking it off my lips anytime soon! I think this was just for Christmas, because it isn't on their website anymore which is a shame! Finally, this is the most gorgeous Sally Hansen Insta Dri Nail Color in Uptempo Plum. This is a marvel, I don't know if you can see from the picture, but it's a plum shade with a faint gold shimmer running through. It's almost like a plum varnish with Max Factor Fantasy Fire in. What makes this even better is that it cost £1 at Poundworld! They have had loads of fab Sally Hansen varnishes in lately and I'm gonna pick up another of these when I go to town next!

First up, I finally bought a Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze. I have so many brown eyeshadows it is unbelievable, so I really gravitate towards any brown shades for the eyes. I wanted to invest in something but would last me throughout the day because eyeshadow tends to fall to the crease. This is perfect. I have been using it as part of my everday routine for a month now. I've hardly made a dent in it, because you literally need a swipe of this to get such a big colour impact. I would highly recommend this to anyone! And finally, another from the Boots Revlon offer, I picked up another Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. I think this is a favourite of a lot of people and I can see why. It's a lovely coral pink shade with a hint of gold shimmer in, it just instantly brightens up my day when I wear it!

What are your January favourites? Have you used any of the products I mentioned? Let me know in comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments