Powered by Blogger.

Book Haul (aka something different!)

By 2:58 PM

Not only am I a wee bit of a nail varnish addict, I am also a book addict (and a dvd addict, I'm not gonna go on!). Now, you think someone who has just had to put another book case in her room, would not be buying any more books, would they? Well, let's just say, I can't help it. So I thought I'd share with you the books I bought today:

I will admit to you right now, I am one of those people that jump on the band wagon, when a book is turned into a movie! And mostly, I read them before I see the movie, which is good. Hunger Games, Beautiful Creatures - I've done it with them all. So naturally, after seeing the trailer for City of Bones, I decided to read the book and I really enjoyed it. So when I saw the next 3 today for £2.99 each, I snapped them up. I do have an eReader and I have the first one on that, but these were cheaper. So I'm book shelf will just be a little odd! Here is the trailer if you haven't seen it:

I am a sucker for chick lit of any kind and these were 3 for £5 (In The Works). Last time I was in there, I got "From Notting Hill to New York Actually" and it wasn't till I got home, that I realised it was the sequel to "From Notting Hill With Love Actually", so now I can read them in order. I picked this book up by Sophie Dahl called "Playing With The Grown Ups", and I'm not gonna lie, I judged the book by it's cover (I do that all the time!). But it does sound like a good story. I also got "Ten Years On" by Alice Peterson, because one of the first books I got on my eReader was "Monday To Friday Man", which she also wrote and I really enjoyed that.

What are you reading at the moment, let me know in comments of @prettyedu88 on twitter.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hope you enjoy/ed the Mortal instruments, they are amazing (my favorite books) and the movie looks great. Was linked to your blog from a Google picture of Next live laugh love and couldn't resist reading more blog posts when I saw the mortal instruments picture and then the New Look post. You've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm sorry I'm only just replying now, as I only just realised this was here lol! I don't think my taste is that great, but thanks all the same. I'm currently reading the 2nd book, although I have a bad habit of half reading books and then moving on to something, so I've actually detoured to Divergent lol!

      Delete