Powered by Blogger.

May Favourites

By 2:59 PM , , , , , , , , ,

For once, I thought I would get in there early and as I am off work this week, it seemed as better time as any to get my favourites out there. As I've had a very busy month, I don't really have that many, but here goes.

First off, I most definitely have caught the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation bug, this stuff is a gem! I went on a night out this month and as I heard this had good coverage, I saved it for that night and boy, did it ever live up to it's expectations, flawless to say the least. And the bugger didn't move either, but it didn't feel heavy either. I think as I said before, it is on the more yellow side, so it is a tad darker than my usual foundation, but if anything, it gave me a nice glow, it didn't look orange.

Another Rimmel goodies this month is the ScandalEyes Mascara, which if I'm right in saying, that just released a new version off. Again, due to the name, I decided to leave this till my night out, which is an occasion when you want your lashes to go bam! This stuff is so great at doing that, I think it's the brush that really helps, it's a chunky fluffy brush, not like those plastic ones. I just love the chunky tube too!

I fell back in love with this blush that I got from Primark an age ago (I know you shouldn't use old make-up - bad me!). This looks like it's going to go on really pale pink, but it's actually a more rosey pink, which suprised me, but it's very natural, which I love. It just gives you a flush of colour. It's good to mix things up.

Did I mention I went on a night out lol! For my make-up look for the night out, I turned to my best friend if she actually knew me Taylor Swift and did one of her looks, thanks to a great tutorial on You Tube, by Tanya Burr. You needed quite a few eye shadows for the look and I thought I'd really need to go digging for load of different single eye shadows. But the MUA Undress Me Too palette just kept ticking the box for each shade, especially the copper orange. These are well pigmented too for such a cheap palette.

Did I also mention I bought some new nail varnish this month lol! I don't think it would be a favourite without a nail varnish and this month it goes to Miss Sally Hansen. Gilded Lily is everything it say's it is. It's not a rough glitter polish but more smooth. If you imagine a piece of antique furniture where the gilding is rubbing off, this polish looks just like that.

I shopped far too much in New Look this month, but I got some lovely stuff, especially in the sale online. I got this fab cover for my eReader.

And as for my non beauty and fashion favourites of the month, I'm making my way through The City Of Ashes, which is another of The Mortal Instruments series and it's really good so far. I've watched a fair few movies this month, but my favourite has to be Star Trek Into Darkness. And music has to be the new Demi Lovato album, Demi. As much as I can't get enough of Heart Attack, I also love Really Don't Care and Something That We're Not.

What are you May favourites? Let me know in comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments