Powered by Blogger.

Miss GlossyBox July/August 2013 Review

By 6:50 PM

July/August Miss Glossy Box already has one up on last month because they only went made the bag purple!!!!! However, the contents, well, let's say I'm not as impressed!

July/August 2013 Box Stats:
V05 Plump It Up Dry Backcomb Spray (£3.69 - Full Size)
Miss Patisserie Starlight Macaroon Bath Fizzy (£2 - Full Size)
Kiss Nail Wrap (£5.99 - Full Size)
Glossy Box Falsh Lashes (No Price - Full Size)
Beyonce Midnight Heat Sample (£1.18 - 2ml Sample Size - Price taken from full size)

Overall, this box comes to £12.86. However, if you don't class the perfume sample, as the size is the same as a free sample size, it's £11.68. All products in italics I have tested.

V05 Plump It Up Dry Backcomb Spray

I was actually really pleased when I first saw this in the box, because I think V05 have some really great products out as of late and it's a brand I've used before. However, I think that this is one of those products you really need to know how to use properly, otherwise it just doesn't work. I don't really need much extra volume to my hair, but when I tried this, it just looked messy. Maybe I need to play more with it. It's actually not as white as a dry shampoo but as we got a dry shampoo in the last one, these products are slightly similar. Plus points for the full size though!

Miss Patisserie Starlight Macaroon Bath Fizzy

Now, these I love! I mentioned last month I would love some products similar to Lush, and these are perfect. I've done a bit of research on other people's post on this box and it seems some people might have only got one, but I got two lol. They smell devine!!! I think these are the start product of the box.

Kiss Nail Wraps

Love nail wraps, so plus points straight away. However, the pattern on these is really not the nicest, there are a lot nicer ones from what I've researched, but maybe that's just because I'm not a pink girl! They seem easy enough to apply, which is good, similar to the Sally Hansen Salon Effect application and I do admit the little gems are something I can't wait to see on the nail. They do look see through, so maybe they would look nice layered over another colour.

Beyonce Midnight Heat

Perfume samples should not be included as one of the products, unless they are a better size than the free size you can get from the perfume website and they always seem to be the rubbish celebrity perfumes. I'll give it a go, but I could leave this. It's a nice enough perfume, but as you know, I love me some fruity fresh style fragrance and this is more of the musk style.

GlossyBox Lashes

Again, a GlossyBox should be an extra, not as part of the main part of the box. I would have a guess that these are a left over from a previous glossybox and while I would like to try falsh lashes, these look far too un-natural.

Final Thoughts:
I think this is a bit of a let down on the first box. A couple of the products in here I don't really think I'll actually use, but I do love the Bath Fizzy, that was a plus and the purple bag was a must for me! I think they have up'ed the brands though to some of the more higher end high street ones. But overall, it's an ok bag.

Update on May/June Bag:
I loved using the Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask and may actually purchase the full size of this. There was enough in the sachet for 2-3 applications actually, so that was really good and it did tingle but maybe that meant it was actually doing something other than sitting on your face! I tried the Beauty UK* Eye Pencil on the waterline and it slipped right off. It all didn't stay very well on my lid and printed onto my crease! Even with eyeshadow over the top to set it! I've been using the Molly Mabel PopBand at bedtime and it makes a nice change to a tight band.

What are your thoughts on this box? Let me know in comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments