Powered by Blogger.

New Revlon Lip Butters in Provocative + Invite Only

By 2:12 PM ,

The other day I was perusing the Boots website, as you do, when they said they had some new shades of Lip Butters in. Being a fan of Revlon Lip Butters, I took a look and shades were lilac and mint turquoise, so I was kinda confused. BUT, today, I popped into Boots and they had the brand new shades in (and on 2 for £10), so I was very intrigued.

I gotta say, the package sucked me in, being very different in colours to the regular lip tone shades.

Provocative is bright violet purple that has flecks of blue running through it, so it shimmers differently at different angles! I wish the cap were purple too, but if I'm right in thinking, they do have a purple one already.

Invite Only is a mint turquoise shade with flecks of silver and blue running through it. I totally thought this might smell or taste like mint, but unless my senses are rubbish it doesn't.

I haven't swatch these because they don't really photograph that well. They are a clear base, although I would say the purple one has a very very faint purple tint. These are more like a glittery lip gloss, then being any sort of sheer lip tone. I'd say these are more like a lip balm with a shimmer tint, more enhancing the natural lip.

I have only seen these in Boots so far, but it possible that they might be in Superdrug too. Will you be getting the new lip butter shades? Let me know in comments.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm at a loss as to whether I should laugh,cry or run out immediately to purchase them..I'm so confused by these two new shades! I mean,for £7.99,a few specks of glitter? I don't know if I can justify these and that's pretty rare coming from me.. Dx

    Beautiful blog!

    x ~ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read somewhere that the colours are to do with tone down lip redness I think, especially with the green ones, but can't remember where. I will admit that I'm glad I got them on offer, but I will say go swatch them in store, and see what you think. I got them personally because they are a nice day time lip balm. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing Invite Only now and I really like it as a lipbalm. It does tone down the redness in my lips a bit which I really like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think they are more lip balms and lip treatments than actual lip colours.

      Delete