Powered by Blogger.

Review: Collection Eyeshadow Pencil

By 12:00 PM ,

I was perusing the shelve at Superdrug the other day, when I saw that they had the new Collection Eyeshadow Pencils on offer at £2.50. Naturally knowing a bargin, I picked some up:

I bought them in the shade Vanilla Sky and Hot Chocolate. Needless to say, I don't have to tell you which is which! They arn't as thick as say the Revlon Lip Stains, but as comparison, I'd say they are the same size as the Nyx Jumbo Sticks. They don't have a wind up mechanism, so you have to sharpen them, which is both a plus and a minus, because the twist up ones are easier to resharpen, but also, they tend to break if you a constant winder lol

As for usage, they are so easy to use. I found the Hot Chocolate one so so pigmented, and perfect for kind of a burnt dirty smokey eye look. The Vanilla Sky ones was a little patchy when used all over the lid, but as a base for other colours, it would be perfect. As for staying power, I haven't worn them all day, but I swatched them on my hand and they did not budge, even when I tried to blend it with my finger, especially Hot Chocolate. Even when wiping them with a make-up wipe, it took some scrubbing! I think they might be kind of hard to blend, because they do tend to set, again, especially the Hot Chocolate one, I think Vanilla Sky might be easier to blend. But for ease and pigmentation value, they are brilliant.

Full price, they are actually only £3.19 and currently come in six shades. As well as the two I have there is Gunmetal Glitz (a grey with sparkle), Vintage Blush (a light pink shade), Midgnight Glam (black) and Demin Diva (navy blue).

Have you tried any of the Collection Eyeshadow Pencils? Let me know your thoughts in comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments