Powered by Blogger.

Miss GlossyBox November/December 2013

By 12:14 PM

This months Miss GlossyBox is all about the winter months, and while the card and the bag are Christmas themed, the bag itself isn't. But, while it's not the best bag neither is it the worst bag! So let's get stuck in.

November/December 2013 Box Stats:
So...? Brit Body Spray (£1.13 - 50ml Size - Price taken from full size)
Lacoste Touch Of Pink Perfume (£1.53 - 2ml Sample Size - Price taken from full size)
Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner in Bronze (£10.50 - Full Size)
Elegant Touch Little Mix Nail Wraps in Leigh-Anne (£6 - Full Size)
Clear Start from Dermalogica Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash (£13.00 - Full Size)

Overall this box comes out at £32.16, which is pretty impressive with two of the products outweighing the price individually. All products in italics I have tested.

Lacoste Touch Of Pink Perfume

As you know, I wish they didn't put perfume samples as a product, as we have already had 3 out of the 4 boxes. I loved the Katy Perry one so much that I have nearly used it all and am definitely purchasing it, if I don't get it for Christmas. Touch of Pink is a fragrance I have come across before and it is a nice perfume, I wish it was a pump spray sample, because the stick ones are annoying. But I have a travel perfume atomiser somewhere and I might put it into that for my handbag!

So...? Brit Body Spray

I am not a huge fan of the So brand, because I always feel it's really cheap for some reason. I will admit, this is not the worst spray I have smelt from them, usually they are very strong, but this one isn't too bad. It's a good size for the handbag, but again I could love and leave this.

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner in Bronze

Like the perfume sample, this is the 3rd in 4 boxes that we have gotten a pencil eye product but luckily this time, it isn't a black. I have heard of the brand Jelly Pong Pong before but never used any of their products, so their inclusion in the bag I actually like! The colour in something I would use for sure. It's not to thin or too chunky so it's great for lining as well as all over the lid. I used this on my waterline last night and it held up ok with a bit of eyeshadow to set it. These are pretty new too as well. I wouldn't pay £10.50 for it, but I won't complain at getting that value in the bag. I will definitely be using this over the holiday period to add a bit of glitz.

Elegant Touch Little Mix Nail Wraps in Leigh-Anne

I will never not like the inclusion of a nail based product in a bag lol! Again, Elegant Touch is a brand I have heard of for nail products but not tried, so I am really looking forward to using these. Out of all the designs in the Little Mix Range, this is my least favourite just cause there not really my style, but I can be persuaded otherwise when trying. They do have some pretty raised detailing on them and it looks like an easy another application. You get 20 which is actually enough for 2 application and the sizing looks on the smaller side which is great for me, as I don't have wide nails. I am looking forward to trying these.

Clear Start from Dermalogica Breakout Clearing Foaming Wash

This for me is the stand out product of this bag, I was so excited when I saw this. Dermalogica is a brand I have heard of, but never thought to trying, so I am really excited to use this properly. I tried this the day I got it and I found it really nice to use, not over foaming and the smell - well, let's just say if your not into citrus, you won't like this as it smells divinely of citrus!!! Reading the packaging, it seems like they've really thought about the ingredients that go into this and this is pretty sad, but I really love the pop up opening, at least I don't have to worry about loosing a lid! As far as I can tell, I think this is Paraben free too, but I'm not certain on that one. Best of the bag!

Final Thoughts:
Sorry for this pun, but it's a mixed bag. There are definitly some stand out products in here and some more well known brands, but the inclusion of cheap drug store brands and a perfume sample will always annoy me. It's not the worst bag by miles, but with it being a Christmas/Winter bag, I would have expected something a bit more towards that theme. Overall though, I am liking this bag and I am going to stick it out as I do believe my next one is free on Glossydots!

Update on September/October Bag:
I have used the Katy Perry perfume sample so much, it's such a lovely fragrance and is probably the first product I will be purchasing again! I haven't gotten round to using the NYC Nail polishes yet, although it has just made me realise I actually have a red polish as I was looking for one the other day! I have used the Skinetica a couple of time and the past week I have used it on my back and I think it is working! I haven't used either of the JvG or Beauty UK make-up items, purely because I have lots of others to use! But that free mirror has been a dream, I'm always picking it up!

What are your thoughts on the November/December Miss Glossybox? Let me know in comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments