Powered by Blogger.

Boots Haul

By 2:59 PM , , , , , , , , , ,

Today I decided to head to Boots to pick up a few things I needed (and a butt load of things I didn't!). They have some great offers on at the moment, so without further ado, here is the haul:

Before I go into more detail on a few of the products, I'll just mention the two that I purposely went to buy. My concealer was seeing better days (the packaging was completely wiped clean!), so I picked up another of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealers - lightest shade. I have a fwe mascaras on the go, but a lot of them are coming up to their best of, so I did actually intend on getting the Loreal Manga Eyes Mascara, but Maybelline was on buy one get the 2nd half price! So I got the Rocket Mascara for only £3.99.

This is one of Maybelline's most hyped products for 2014, the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. It claims to erase pores and leave the skin smooth looking. It can be worn alone of under make-up. This has a pretty hefty price tag for the size (22ml), as it was £7.99, but I got it on the offer. I tried this when I got home and to be honest, I did see a little difference but not a whole lot. I think I'm gonna play with this a little more, but I don't know if it's just a bit gimicky, hit or miss on some or what.

I did a little pre-shopping browse on the Boots website yesterday and saw that a lot of the Rimmel products were on offer, so I picked up the ScandalEyes Precision Micro Eyeliner. I am determined that 2014 will be the year that I finally master the cat eye flick. I can do it with eyeshadow so fingers crossed! This has a very fine nib, which is perfect so I can take my time and do little flicks. I'm gonna leave this on my hand and see how long it lasts lol!

Tried as I might, the Barry M section has a weird effect on me, especially when it has a massive buy 1 get the second 1/2 off sign up! I didn't get hardly any of the new release Barry M nail paints before xmas, so I treated myself to two. I picked up this fantastic glitter called Amethyst. This packs a lot of glitter in one stroke, it's not sparse on application. It's a clear base which is a shame but you can easily layer it to good effect. I picked up one of the textured effects named Lady. This is beautiful crystal white glitter shade with a faint gold glitter in it. It doesn't dry really rough and bumpy which is great, and it has a snowy frost style look.

Boots also seam to be selling off a lot of their Seventeen products for a big price reduction - I'm wondering if they are either discontinuing or are updating the packaging. Anyway, I picked up a couple of nail polishes for 50p each. I got two of the Supreme Shine polishes in Sphinx (gold) and Mink (pink mauve shade) and Suede Effect Nail Polish. These are all really pretty shades. The Suede effect one was only 1 coat.

What are your first purchases of 2014? Let me know in comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments