Powered by Blogger.

Goodbye My Friends: Mascaras

By 1:56 PM , , , ,

It has come to that time of the month where I am saying goodbye to a few mascaras. I have had a couple of them on rotation for the past 6 months and now it time to bid them a fond farewell (imagine the Spice Girls singing Goodbye as I throw them in the bin with a tear or too!). The good thing about having a beauty blog, is I know when I bought these!

First off it probably the baby of the group, my Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious. Boy did me and it have a serious falling out over the months. I must say, I was rather taken by the packaging on this, I think it's one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. As a fan of the original Grow Luscious, I thought I would love this. But after a couple of times of using it, I found it really clumpy and that it coated the lashes too much. Over the past few months, now it's started drying up a bit, it's not been as bad and we've been getting on better, but I don't think I'll go out and repurchase this. Luckily, it was on 2 for £10 at the time, so I didn't loose to much on it!

Next up is Seventeen Doll'd up. I didn't go out to actually buy this, but I had a coupon and offers for Boots and in the end I think I got it for free, I can't remember how! I stupidly picked up a brown black version and I think that put me off a bit to start with. It was a nice enough mascara and it was quite natural looking, but it was just nothing special. Again, I don't think I would repurchase it as I just wasn't drawn to use it enough.

Finally of the trio is my favourite. First off, I just love the bright orange chunky tube of the Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Mascara, that it what always drew me too it. Again, this was a freebie on an offer and I've just loved it ever since. It's got a old brush on it with lots of bristles, which I love, and while it's a thick voluminous brush, it doesn't clump and it's doesn't over coat the lashes. I would purchase this again but as you are about to find out why, I'm not at the moment. These apparently have 12 months on them, but I don't feel right using it that long, when most are 6 months.

I've added two new buddies to my bag this month, along with my Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof (this is some good stuff!) and my Revlon Grow Luscious Original. First off is the Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express Mascara that everyone seems to love and go on about. I tried this this morning and it was ok, but I found it a wee bit clumping but that might be because I've only just opened it. I think it needs more trialling. Next up is one that I haven't tried yet, but as I loved it's younger sister, I think I'll like this too. Again, I got this Rimmel Scandal Eyes Lycra Flex Mascara on a Rimmel offer and I have been saving it till now. I love the chunky tube on this one too, but I'll miss the bright orange packaging. It's got a big old voluminous brush on it too! They've just brought out the new Rockin' Curve version of this too, which has a really funky shaped brush!

What are your current favourite mascaras? Let me know in comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments