Powered by Blogger.

March Favourites 2014

By 1:40 PM , , , , , , , , , , ,

Not many favourites for this month, but just a few goodies that I have been enjoying.

Each week of March, I decided to use a different one of my MUA Palettes. Suprisingly, out of all them, I really liked the Dusk Till Dawn Palette. I'm so stuck to nude colour eyeshadows, so it was nice for a change up. I will say, you don't need much of these. I had a really unfortunate over colouring one morning with the blue denim shade and let's say, I looked like I'd gone three rounds in a boxing ring - not good. These are my two favourite shades from it! I wish they had names, but sadly they don't.

Me and my lips are still not getting on this month, but I have been enjoying two products. First is the Loreal Collection Privee Color Riche in Cheryl Nude. I really love this, because it's a natural nude rather than a peach nude and the packaging looks so expensive! I also really love the Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea. The quality of this lipgloss is so good! The colour payoff in incredible and I can't wait to try more of them. More than anything, I love love love the smell. They smell like those drumstick squishy sweets!

I have been trying two new mascaras over the past months, but only one of them I really liked. I just don't seem to be getting on with the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara. I find it so clumpy and it doesn't separate the lashes very well. It might be better once it dries up. I have however love the Rimmel Scandaleyes LycraFlex Mascara. I love me a chunky bristle wand and I really enjoyed the original version of this too! I don't know if there is much difference, but it just works.

I went back to my normal base and top coat earlier this year, which is the Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat. This stuff just seems to be really working wonders at the moment. Apart from very minor tip wear, I've managed to keep nail varnish on for a whole week, which is unusual for me.

Finally, in the beauty stuff, I have been lovely Lush Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub. This just leaves you skin so smooth, especially as a dry scrub, not on wet skin and it's not harsh either, because it's quite water based. This is my must have scrub.

My first non beauty favourite of the month goes to tv shows. While some of my favourite US shows have been on breaks (Big Bang Theory - you know I'm talking about you!), so it's been time to embrace the British shows. My fav of the last month has been My Mad Fat Diary. I loved the first series a lot and cause it's on 4OD, I rewatched it before the new series. And thanks to 4OD, they premiered the episodes a week before tv online!

Movies this month has been a bit slow, but rather than it being new movies, it's been new to DVD movies. I watched Thor The Dark World and Catching Fire again this month and love love loved them both! It's been another good month for books! I have been reading a few from the library, but my favourite so far is Wither by Lauren DeStefano. It's a really interesting concept about people who die before they reach a certain age (women it's 20 and men it's 25). I have the sequel Fever sat just above me to read next. It's been a great month for music (Have any of you been watching the Big Reunion!!!!), but I have 2 faovurites for the month. First off is the Ellie Goulding song "Goodness Gracious", which I have had for a while, but never listened to until I heard it on the radio. Second is "Battlefield" by Lea Michele which I have been waiting a day and an age to download, ever since I heard it either at the beginning of the year, or possibly it might have been last year, I'm not sure.

What are your March faves? Let me know in the comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments