Powered by Blogger.

July Favourites 2014

By 11:14 AM ,

As you can tell from my lack of posts this month, July hasn't been that big of month! Apart from July being the month of being ill (I now have a cold to add to the list of my ailments!), I just haven't used any new products - really! And anything else I've used is just the same as usual. So this month I am going to talk about the 2 products I have been loving, that I got back in June, but I really wanted to test their workage for want of a better word.

This month and June has been the battle of the pores! I don't have massive pore but where I do suffer from some craters is around my nose - I think that is a lot of peoples problem area. I also have a bit of a patch on my chin. So to tackle that, I switched up my night/after work routine. In my head - and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - I feel pores are more likely to be bigger after a day wearing make-up and getting clogged up (lovely image!). I did a lot of research on the Boots website looking at reviews and what products claim to do and these are the 2 I picked out. I did chose another as well, but I don't know if that is as good as these yet.

First up, I have been taking my make-up off a lot more now, by actually using a cleanser, rather than a make-up remover. I still use some Micellar water for eye make-up cause this stuff bloody sends your eyes made if you get it in it and just for a second clean up. But for the most, I have been using the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and I have to say, I love this stuff. As the back of the bottle tells you, Charcoal is known for drawing out impurities, hence the lovely black colour of this product. Don't worry about that though, it goes on clear-ish. One pump is all you need and what I really like about this is how refreshed your face feels afterwards - it just feels clean! It does say your skin should be left tingly-smooth and I totally agree with that, but not in a sore way. It just feels really nice. For the paraben haters - it is not paraben free but I couldn't imagine this product needing to be kept lasting for a long time because you do use it quite quickly. This is priced up at £4.99 for 200ml, which is reasonable to me.

The second product is Soap and Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It Special Pore Refining Forumla Facial Scrub. I've never really gone in big for Soap and Glory like a lot of people, and until recently, I didn't know they did skin care as well as their bath and make-up products. I was surprised by the range they had actually. And they had a whole range dedicated to pores. Again, after a lot of research, this is the product I plumped for. While this is called a scrub, to me this is more of a mask actually. It has exfoliator in it but one of the steps is to leave it on for a couple of minutes and that is when it performs like mask. It says to use it on the t-zone, but I also apply to the cheek area near my nose. I have just been using this once a week. It has special long winded named special formula in which you can read more about in the description, but it essentially purifies the pores. Again, I would agree with the refining in the name as it does make your pores look a lot better (I should have done before and after pictures, but like everything - it was an afterthought!). I would be interested in using more of their skin care, as while it's a little more pricey than the norm (this is £9.00), paying that little bit more for quality is sometimes worth it.

As with other monthly favourites, I just don't really have any this month. TV has been pretty boring, although I have been getting in to the new Couples Come Dine With Me!! I thought at first it might be a step to far, but I have been getting use to it, but I still prefer the original version. I finished reading The Maze Runner, which I loved! It took a while to get use to their language, but when your head figures out what swear words their covering, it gets a lot easier and I loved the ending. Movies have been watching old favourites rather than making and discovers. And as for music - again I am just loving what I usually love.

Sorry for the boring favourites this month but I have some loveliness coming up to make up for it!!

EDIT!!! I remembered my music favourite and the stupid thin is that I was listening to this yesterday on Spotify and thought at the time, I must mention this in my favourites! It's Sia and her new album, 1000 Forms Of Fear. I really like the first single from the album, Chandelier, but I also really love the track, Fire Meet Gasoline.

You Might Also Like

0 comments