Powered by Blogger.

Nivea Daily Essential Express Hydration Primer

By 4:00 PM ,

I'm pretty sure the Nivea Express Hydration Primer has been around for a very long time. I recall hearing beauty bloggers talk about it when primers became a thing! As I mentioned in my previous post, me and foundation have been fighting as of late, so I thought I might invest in a primer. I have bought some primers before that were more silicone based and to be honest, I just didn't get on with them! So I liked the idea of trying a more cream based primer.

The Nivea Express Hydration Primer is formulated for both Normal & Combination Skin, as well as one targeted for Dry & Sensitive Skin. Both come in at £4.99 for 50ml, but I picked this up in Boots on a 2 for £5 offer - to be honest I wish I had got two but I went for a scrub as well, as I had run out.

If you happen to be watching Doctor Who this weekend - the "Listen" episode (there is a link I promise) - the texture of this reminds me slightly of the thing that Clara stuck her fingers into. It's almost jelly like cream, which might sound weird, but it's not in an unpleasant way! A little goes a long way with this product and I am impressed that it is also in a glass jar, because you can recycle or upcycle it. I would agree with is absorbing instantly and what I like is it give you that smooth base but not in the matte plastic way that Silicone primers feel like, it feels a lot more skin like. It does have a slight perfume smell, but that doesn't both me.

I wore this under a foundation which is a new formula of one I usually use and I also sprayed the Avene Thermal Spring Water over the top. But as I said in the previous post, my foundation has just been lovely the past few days of using this. It has gone on a lot smoother and looks a lot more natural than before. As I mentioned, I don't know if this is because of the foundation I was using or not, so I will test drive this with my normal foundations. But I also like how it makes my skin look without foundation, which I did yesterday just for going to the supermarket.

Have you tried a Nivea Primer before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

You Might Also Like

0 comments