Powered by Blogger.

You Beauty Box September 2014

By 7:07 PM

I have been wanting to invest in a new Beauty Box for a while now, ever since they stopped making the Miss Glossybox. I love the idea of every month getting a few treats that are either a suprise, or a new brand you would love to try. I have been lusting over the YouBeauty Discovery Box for a while now, but I finally decided to take the plunge with the 1st Anniversary Box. I was a bit late to the party so some of the products I would have loved to add to my box were already gone.

The YouBeauty box is priced at £6.95 with postage included. If you imagine that postage for something of it's size could be around £2.95, then this is actually great value for money. Each month, you pick two products of your choice from that months menu and then you get a couple of extra's thrown in as well. Here is a list of what I got in my box:

You Beauty Discovery Box September Stats:
Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Lipstick SPF 15 in 01 Violet (£15.00 - 3.5g - Full Size)
Eyeko Hydrogel Eye Patch (£7.50 - 2 Patch Set - Price Taken From Full Size)
Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip (£7.00 - 90ml - Full Size)
Hello Fresh £25 Gift Voucher
Make-Up Sponge
Crabtree & Evelyn Teabags x 2

The overall value of this box is £29.50 or £54.50 including the gift voucher.

Wild About Beauty Nutrilips Lipstick SPF 15 in 01 Violet - My Choice

Wild About Beauty is not a brand I had heard of before, but the packaging straight away is such a draw. I love the mauve colour as well as the beautiful illustration and logo. This continues on to the lipstick itself. When I read violet, I presumed it would be a purple colour, but it's actually a tone I would totally wear myself. I think I was quite lucky, as some people got a lot darker shades, which I wouldn't have liked. This lipstick is made with Mango Butter and Argan Oil, so it's a lovely treat for the lips. It is very very sheer and took me quite a while to get any colour payoff, so on that basis, I think £15 is quite expensive, say in comparison to MAC lipsticks. I would try the brand again but only if the price point was right.

Eyeko Hydrogel Eye Patches - My Choice

I will admit that my eye area is something I tend to ignore in my skin care routine, I think mostly because I wear glasses. But having heard of the brand Eyeko and knowing their reputation, I decided to take the plunge on these. I haven't tried these yet, but if it is something I love then you will hear about it on the blog more. But a great brand to feature in the box.

Toni & Guy Glamour Volume Plumping Whip

Again, Toni & Guy is a renowned brand. I was a massive fan of their heat protectant back in the day, so it's always nice to get one of their products in the box. Not one to have much of an issue with volume, I never really go for volume products. However the product says that it creates volume without flyaways, which is something I would love. Mine does look like a massive chunk is missing but that could be unsettlement in transit!

Extras:

With the box I also got a couple of sample size products. Having never drunk tea, tea bags aren't for me, but I do know someone who would like these. A make-up sponge is always handy as they get dirty very easy. And this one looks a nice soft texture. Finally, the Hello Fresh Gift Card. I hadn't heard of Hello Fresh before but as I am a picky eater, I'm not sure this is for me. But you never know and if not I can surely pass it off to someone else.

Final Thoughts:
With this being my first box, I am pretty satisfied with the products I recieved. I like that I can choose some of the samples, but you do have to get in early to get your faovurites, so that might hinder you if you don't like a lot of the selection. I will use a lot of the products and can find people who would like the others, so they don't go to waste. I am looking forward to my next box!

You Might Also Like

0 comments