Powered by Blogger.

YOU BEAUTY BOX October 2014

By 11:24 AM

This months YouBeauty box is Handbag Heroes and there was a great selection of products for us to choose from. I was tempted to go for the Crabtree and Evelyn nail polish and the Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick, but knowing me I would get the bright red shades, which as you known are just not me. I was really happy with the products I got to choose but not so much with the extras.

You Beauty Discovery Box September Stats:
Wild About Beauty Powder Eyeshadow in 07 Eva (£13.00 - 2.5g - Full Size)
Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser (£5.10* - 30ml - Sample Size)
Gold Collagen Forte (£3.99* - 50ml - Sample Size)
Cowshead Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum (£3.20* - 2ml - Sample Size)

The overall value of this box is £25.29. * means price taken from full size.

Wild About Beauty Powder Eyeshadow in 07 Eva - My Choice

I was excited to see another Wild About Beauty product in this months selection, as I really liked the product I chose last month and the packaging is just to die for. I don't have much of a preference when it comes to eyeshadow colour, in that while I tend to always wear brown nude shades, I still love something bright and poppy. So whatever shade I got I would have been happy with. I got a beautiful metallic bronze brown shade, which is right up my street. The beautiful butterfly on the actually eyeshadow is so cute and the mirror in the lid is so handy. Again, I think the price with this product would put me off buying it personally.

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser - My Choice

I don't go for anti-ageing at all, so that was a bit of a bug bear that a lot of the box this month was anti-ageing focused. Murad is a brand that I have heard of before and something I would like to try. I do like exfoliating cleansers because I think they work best of my skin. This is meant to improve skin brightness and clarity and leave your skin nice and supple, so I am looking forward to trying this. This is a good size sample too.

Gold Collagen Forte - Extra

I just don't do beauty supplements at all, so this is something I just won't be using. And as I don't think one would make any difference to my skin, then it's even more of a bust. I think supplements are always wrong for a beauty box, because they are more of a personal choice than skincare or make-up. This is going in the bin!

Cowshead Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum - Extra

Yet another anti-ageing product and again, I can't imagine one sample at that size showing any difference, but I am willing to be proven wrong. I probably will try this but I won't be rushing out to buy it.

Final Thoughts:
I am not as impressed with this box as much as the last one. I think that the extras where far to tailored to anti-ageing, which while it something that a lot of people will use, one product would have been better than several. With the box being called Handbag Heroes as well, I can only see the eyeshadow going in mine. I am going to get next months box and see, but if it isn't as good as my first, I might consider stopping it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments