Powered by Blogger.

January Favourites 2015

By 11:56 AM , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The fact that I am already doing a January favourites just goes to show how fast this year is going already. That is insane to me. I haven't done a favourites in a while so to start a new year and hoping to do more (and post more which I am so far failing on!)

My first favourite of the month is the Real Techniques Cheek Brush from the Nic Picks set. I'm not gonna lie - I might bought the set a) just for this brush, b) because it's shiny and c) because it was £20 in Superdrugs before xmas. This brush is just so fluffy and the perfect shape for the cheeks, so it is aptly names. I have heard other people use it for other things and I'd be interested to see how it works with foundation. I would love to try some of the Bold Metals collection but I can't justify the price at the moment when the regular ones are just so good and inexpensive for the quality.

I have two make-up favourites of the month. The first is new to me and is the Barry M Showgirl Extra Volume Mascara. I think I had a another slight magpie moment when I saw this! I chose the volumising over the lengthening forumla, but I find this is quite lengthening too. This tube is hefty too and I gotta say a love a great sized mascara tube like this. I discovered why highlighters are so amazing this month. I never really got them, but a new year and I love them. When you make-up has been on for a while, they stop your make-up loving scuzzy and they just give a lovely sheen to the cheeks. I'm gonna invest in some more, but my favourite this month is the Benefit High Beam, because it is just so easy to apply and it just sparkles.

I have a few skincare favourites of the month, my first being the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I have been through a few of these now and they are just so good at removing make-up, last for ages and are so inexpensive for the quality. I can't see me using anything else to be honest. The next is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. I've heard so many people rave about First Aid Beauty and I've been looking to invest in a more heavy duty moisturiser for night time, because my skin has been a bit dry of late. This stuff is so good! I especially noticed on my chine area which is usually a little bumpy, that is was looking a lot smoother. It is usually £20, which some might say is expensive, but you got such a big size pot for the price and a little goes a long way, so I can imagine that it is going to last for a long while. I got this for about £16+ in the sale, where I also got the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip blam. I'm still not really getting on with lips and lipgloss/stick, so I invested in a more heavy duty lip balm too. I have noticed a lot less pealing, which is something I suffer from a lot. This is a more heavy based balm then some stick balms, so I only use this at night usually.

My final beauty favourite of the month is a dry shampoo. I have gone through so many different dry shampoos and after having a disaster with a Superdrugs own brand for brown hair one, I just wanted something inexpensive, that would do the job. This Boots Dry Shampoo in Paradise Island is one of the best I've tried in a while. It doesn't leave white marks in your hair, because it goes on quite light and clear to begin with, so it's perfect. It has a nice scent too and is only £1.50.

To start non-beauty favourites of the month are TV shows. Revenge was back this month and I have been loving it so much that I decided to record Broadchurch over this, because it is just so much more interesting. Tiny spoiler alert if you haven't seen it yet or before - I was so glad they didn't drag out Emily finding out that her Dad was still alive, they did the right thing there. I have also been loving my Sunday night dramas such as Last Tango in Halifax and Call The Midwives. Special mention here to Miranda. I just loved the final two episodes at Xmas and am really said that it is over. I have watched a butt load of movies this month. Rush, The Great Gatsby, The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, Dawn Of The Planet of the Apes and The Lone Ranger, just to name a few. But my favourite was actually at the cinema - Into The Woods. I loved how all the fairy tales mix together and that when you think everything has finished it hasn't.

As one of my New Years resolutions was too read more, I think I have been keeping up with this. My favourite book of the month was Dash and Lily's Book Of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan, who also wrote Nick and Nora's Infinite playlist. As it is set around Christmas, I think it was a prefect read to start the new year. I have just started reading The Bone Season, which I am finding a little tricky to get into because it is like you are suppose to know the language they speak already, which was a reason I found the Maze Runner a little tricky to get into at first. On the resolution front, I think I have been doing quite well. I have been looking and applying for new jobs and I have also been cooking a lot of new meals.

Let me know what you have been liking in the comments and @prettyedu88 on twitter.

Can't believe I forgot my music favourites!!! There are two songs that I have been loving this month. The first was a fav in December too and it is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars. This song is so addictive and I would literally listen to this on repeat all day. My second is Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. I have no need to go and see 50 shades of Grey, it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the soundtrack!

You Might Also Like

0 comments