Powered by Blogger.

My Key Stories

By 1:24 PM

I have had my far share of key disasters in my life and case in point, I had one this morning. So as a fun little post today I thought I would share with you some of my funny key disasters in the hope they make you laugh, they don't happen to you and hopefully, that bad luck with keys comes in threes.

Key Disaster 1
Let's set the scene. I was at work and I needed to get something out of my locker, which had my bag in with my phone and money and everything like that in. I was in a rush because I had to go and do something. So I go to put my key in the locker and it won't go all the way in. Being the clever person I am and being in a rush, I thought that solution would be to push it in with my foot. Seconds later, the key snaps in half, with half of it still in the locker! I had no way of getting it out and no way of getting in my locker. Someone had to come in and take the entire lock off. To this day, it still doesn't have a new lock on it.

Key Disaster 2
It's Christmas time. It is my last day at work before I am off from the Christmas break and that night was the staff Christmas do. I get home and I put my key in the lock, turn it and bam! - it's snaps in half. One half still remains in the lock and I have no way of getting in my house. I have 3 hours before I am due at the staff do and my Dad is one of those people who has a mobile phone but never has it on. Luckily, and to this day I don't know why I had the number in my phone, I had my Dad's bosses work number so I called him to see if he could get in touch with my Dad. While my Dad was making it home, I had to sit on the front step but as I had just been to town, I had a magazine so it wasn't too bad. My Dad had to actually take the whole lock off and put a new one on I think.

Key Disaster 3
This one actually happened this morning. The front lock, the same one I broke the key in, has been playing up the last few days when my Dad has been putting in his key. It won't go all the way in, so I have let him in most days. Didn't think about this when I went out this morning after my Dad had gone to work. Went off to town, came back and I could not get the key to go in the lock. I tried for about five minutes, when I saw my neighbour who was going out. She tried and couldn't get it to go in. She went and got someone else from down the road, who also couldn't get it in, so he went to get some WD40 to spray in the lock. Luckily in the time he went to get it I had got it in. It is safe to say that I am a - never leaving the house again or b - never locking my door (I AM JOKING!!!)

Among all this key disaster I can truthfully say that I have never actually lost my keys, which is something to be thankful for. I have forgot them in my house before but luckily, my neighbour had a set. But for Christmas, I am asking for a fingerprint entry lock - it's just easier (unless I somehow managed to break/lose my finger!)

PICTURE: pexels.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments