Powered by Blogger.

November Favourites 2015

By 10:51 AM , , , , , ,

I can't quite believe it is the end of November already or that tomorrow it is the 1st of December - it just seems crazy! November has been an OK month for me, better than October, but still not as good as I hoped. December is looking a little bit more exciting especially on the job front, so keep you fingers and toes crossed for me. Not too many beauty favourite this month, as I just haven't been wearing a lot of make-up, but I have tried a couple nice things which I want to share with you.

First in my November favourite are the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads. The test of a good product is what happens when you stop using it. After I finished my first tub of these, I got some Superdrugs own brand facial pads and the two times I used them, I broke out all over my cheeks really badly. As soon as I switched back to the Nip + Fab ones, it was all cleared up and they just keep my skin looking really fresh and smooth. They are normally £12.95 for 60, which I only use once a day, so you do get your moneys worth, but at the moment they are half price, so might go out and grab some more, but they are usually on offer a lot. A don;t see myself changing these at the moment and I love finding a product that works and that becomes a staple.

Next is another edition to my ever growing Real Techniques Make-Up Brush collection. This is one of the older brushes and is the Setting Brush, which I picked up in a sale recently on Feel Unique. This had become my go to brush for setting my make-up, as you can gently pat the product on with it, without your base being cakey. It is especially great for under the eye concealer, where a big fluffy brush just won't do. I think I paid around the £5 mark for it, but it is only £6.95 normally, so it would be a good one to add to your collection. I also got some of the Bold Metals ones with Boots points, but I have been too afraid to use them cause they are so pretty, but I don't see myself getting only of the others as they are very expensive and the regular ones are such good quality anyway!

I have finally jumped on the Maybelline Lash Sensational band wagon and I ain't coming off anytime soon. I have had this sat in my make-up bag since the summer time and for some reason, I didn't use it. Then I kept hearing everyone go on and on about it, so I finally broke into it this month and after one use I was hooked. I don;t understand how it is so good and being a fan of Revlon Grow Luscious, I have to admit that this one might be becoming my new favourite and it is cheaper. I didn't like Benefit They're Real mascara at all, so I'm glad I could enjoy jumping on this one instead.

The final two beauty items are both lip products. The first is a Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm in Satsuma Shimmer. This stuff is just heaven in a pot as far as I'm concerned. I think the premise of a good lip balm is if you would want to eat it and this stuff smells good enough to eat. If you don't like a strong orange citrus scent, you'll hate this, but I love it. It does a great job and it has the tinniest of gold shimmer running through, so even on a no lipstick day, it adds a little something. The second is the Clinique Pop Lip Colour Lipstick in Nude Pop, which came free with Glamour. I love when Glamour do these little minis and you get a generous sample.I was especially glad to search for this product, as the colour is right up my alley. It's a darker pinky beige nude, so I could see this suiting a lot of skin tones. It glides on so smoothly too and is very pigmented. I would be more than willing to pay £16 for a full size one.

On to non beauty favourites and as you can see from the picture, November has been unofficially the Harry Potter month. When I was on holiday, the house I stayed in had Sky which had a dedicated Harry Potter movie channel. So when I got home, I rewatched all the movies in a bit of strange order. I watched 7 part 1, 7 part 2, then going down from 6 to 5 and so on. I do watch things back to front sometimes, like I'll watch the last boxset before the first. I adore the films but I have never really read the books and I know there is a lot more detail in the books that is left out of the movies. I read 1 when I was younger and half or 2 and 3. I went to my library to find them and strangely couldn't, so I went to the library known as my sister and borrowed them all off her. I've read 1, which is a lot more face paced then the movie and I'm currently into number 2, so I am hoping to read them all before the end of the year but I know the later ones are long!

Other movie favourites from the month have been of course Mockingjay Part 2 which was by far so much better than Part 1. Funnily enough, I only read the book up to part 1, so part 2 was surprising in places, but I did know some details. *SPOILER ALERT* You have been warmed so move onto the next paragraph but how they could kill off my Sam Claflin ahem Finnick Odair I will never know, I was hoping they would change that. I think Gale deserved a better ending, as from the movie point of view I think he was a far better character than Peeta ever was. On Netflix, I enjoyed watching Naomi And Ely's No Kiss List. One of my favourite ever books is Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Lethian, who wrote the book behind this movie too, which I have just ordered. I really enjoyed the story and it had that same kooky feel that Dash and Lily does, as well as Nick And Nora's Infinite Playlist, which they also wrote. I saw on IMDB that Dash and Lily is in development, so I really hope they make it. And also a trailer favourite of the month was the brand new trailer for Captain America "Civil War". That end line between him and Iron Man gets me every time!

Speaking of Netflix and getting onto TV favourites, I absolutely loved Marvel's Jessica Jones and got through it in a weekend. Not trying to go all feminist on you, but I think it's good to see a female focal superhero show, when most of Marvel's are very male focused, apart from side characters like Black Widow and Peggy Carter, although she has her own show. I am a huge David Tennant fan so it was a big reason why I watched it, but it was an interesting take because she wasn't using her superhuman powers, they were much more a sideline to the main story. I didn't get into Daredevil as much as I did with this, I've only seen the first two of that, so I think I'll try watching that next. One thing I must say though is that both shows have incredible opening titles. The design behind them is so good. It's also been a good superhero month as I have been loving Arrow and The Flash and I am giddy with excitement for the crossover next week. I have been watching Supergirl, but I find it a little corny with the whole she takes her glasses off and no one recognises her thing. Quick sidenote, also a shout out to I'm A Celebrity!

My final favourite is a music favourite and I am still loving Selena Gomez's Revival album. It is just perfection and I like that there is a good mixture of track, as I felt that Demi Lovato's Confident album the songs were all very similar. My favourite track has to be Sober. I have also been loving the Tori Kelly's version of "Colours of the Wind" from the Disney' movie Pocahontas. I think it is so beautiful and quite a unique version of it.

What have been your favourites of November. Let me known in comments or on twitter, and don;t forget to come back tomorrow, as it will be the first post in my 25 days of Xmas series, where I will be blogging all the way to the big day. I started planning this as soon as I got back into blogging and so far I have three scheduled and most written, so fingers crossed there will be on everyday, including on the 25th.

You Might Also Like

0 comments