Powered by Blogger.

What I Did This Weekend (21st - 22nd NOV)

By 11:08 AM , , , ,

For today's post I thought I would share with you what I got up to this weekend, as I actually had a pretty busy but nice weekend. Lets start with a weather update - Saturday morning started off very, very cold! I think it was the coldest weekend we have had in a while and believe the highest it was getting that day was 3. So I huddled up in my favourite chunky knit jumper and for some strange reason, ripped knee jeans and headed out to do my morning weekly shop. While I was in ASDA, I picked myself up a new Christmas tree, but I'm not saying more than that till I've put it up in December and decorated it, but I am very very excited!

After that I went into town to meet my sister as we had a day of shopping, lunch and an afternoon theatre show planned. I have a couple of Christmas presents bought, but not nearly as many as I would like to have had done by now and while I didn't get any on Saturday, I saw a few ideas. I didn't actually end up buying anything other than a cute Christmas themed Hello Kitty, which was half price, which I bought for my room for Christmas.

After our morning shop, we stopped off for lunch at an Italian cafe which for the life of me I cannot remember the name of, but it has become our go to place. We ordered a sandwich each, which we then split in half and shared. The one in the top half of the pic is a roast ham and cheese toasted panini, which was delicious! The half at the bottom was a Chicken Parmigano, which was breaded chicken, topped with Parma ham, cheese and a tomato rago sauce. This was nice but not as nice as the panini.

Nicely fed, we went to see a local production of Beauty and The Beast. I didn't really know what to expect, but I obviously know the story of Beauty and The Beast. It was an unusual version because it was updated to post war Britain or possibly pre war, and the beast was a movie star who let fame go to his head. It had songs, but not the Disney ones. It was good and I am glad I went to see it, but A couple years back I went to see a local production of Beauty and The Beast which was the Disney version and I felt that was just a bit more magical.

Saturday night was a reality tv double bill mixed in with a bit of Doctor Who. I watched Strictly, though slightly annoyed because I didn't get tickets to the Blackpool show again. Then later on I watched I'm a Celebrity. Sandwich in between was Doctor Who. I am not enjoying Doctor Who at all at the moment, because I don't think he is a good Doctor and Saturday's episode was so sad and I felt Clara deserved a much better exit than she got.

I was planning on staying in on Sunday, but I ended up walking down to Sainsbury's with my Dad, cause we wanted something nice for tea. The problem with going anywhere with my Dad is that I truly believe he know everyone in my city and that mean a nice 1 hour out can take up to 2+ hours! I did get a nice Pan Au Chocolate which I enjoyed with my lunch.

The rest of the day was taken up binge watching Jessica Jones on Netflix! I have two or three episodes left, which I am off to watch now! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Let me know what you got up to in the comments or on twitter @prettyedu88.

Top Image: Unsplash.Com

You Might Also Like

0 comments