Powered by Blogger.

What's In My Make-Up Bag (November 2015)

By 2:17 PM , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I haven't done an updated make-up bag in a while, so I thought I would show you what products I am using at the moment. Some are the same, but I have a few new additions. Speaking of the make-up bag in question, this is from Primark. As I don't have a Primark that isn't a train journey away (until 2016 when we get one!!!), everytime I got to Primark, it is a tradition that I pick up a new make-up bag. I didn't get this too long ago, August I believe, and looking on the Primark website, they have another bag in the same pattern still in, so it might still be in stores. It's got a lot of room in and I don't have it full, but it's not on the big side either. But what you really want to know is what's inside, don't you?

Base Products:
Why do base products always end up the worse looking in make-up bags? Starting with foundations, I have CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Ivory. This is a well travelled foundation as it came back from Canada with my sister! I really love this foundation but use it sparingly cause I don't know when I'll get another. I think Max Factor is the UK equivalent of this, so I might try theirs. It is scented, but I don't mind. For lighter coverage I have Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Nude in Light Porcelain and a Botanic BB Cream in Light. I also have the Rimmel Wake-Me Up foundation in Light Porclain but it didn't make the photo cut!

For concealer I have two. For blemishes and redness, I use Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. I ran out earlier this year and I couldn't grab this for ages. I think there was a national shortage - in concealer. For under the eyes I have Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivoy. There is a very very slight simmer in this so I don't use it on blemishes. I wish they did a lighter version of this as I just about get away with this tone. I also have the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint in Light which if I am being honest, I didn't know was in there! I don't really use this as it is a little too heavy for me, but I sometime use it on blemishes. And naturally, I have a Rimmel Stay Matte Power in translucent. I would love to know the stats on how many of these get sold.

Face Products:
First off are the blushes. I have three. First is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Blusher in Pink Rose. This is a lovely, shimmery pinky peach blush. I prefer peach tone blushes even though with my hair colour/skin tone I would suit rosey toned one, but it's just my preference. I have a Natural Collection Blusher in Peach Melba. This is old! And I know you are not suppose to keep old make-up, but they changed the formula and the new one is horrible as the old one in shimmery and the new one is matte. Finally I have my go to blush which is MAC's Melba. I picked this up on Fragrance Direct on a whim and love it! I want to get some more MAC blushers cause they are quality. If they did a shimmery melba I would be on that.

For a bronzer I have the NYC Bronzer in Sunny. This is a lovely terracotta bronzer but if I'm honest I don't really use bronzer as intended. It is the one area I have yet to properly practice the skill in but I do use it instead on blush sometimes and also in the socket of my eyelid for definition. For highlight I have a tiny Benefit High Beam and Seventeen Shimmer Brick in Pink Bronze.

Eye Products:
I don't keep many eye products in here because I would fill it and I can easily grab a palette if I want a change up. I have two eye bases, both Maybelline Color Tattoo's in On and On Bronze and Creamy Beige. I've had my On and On Bronze for ages, this is till my first one, but I am scraping the barrel now, so I have a new fresh on in my stash. For everyday on it's on, I love Creamy Beige. I have quite a collection of these now so I might do a post. For an eyeshadow palette, I have an ELF one in Natural Eyes, that I don't know if they still do it. How good is it having ELF back! This has a couple of mattes and shimmers, so you can create some nice looks and is just perfect for everyday. For eyeliners, I have the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Liner in Nude and my first ever Urban Decay product, which a Double Ended 24/7 Glide-On liner in Naked, which has a black end (Zero) and a Brown (Whiskey). This is really handy because I never use a lot of liner and brown works better for everyday. I need to pick up another Rimmel Black Liner, mine literally crumbled on my eye one day!

Finally is Mascara. I have no idea why I have 4 but there you go. I have been using the Rimmel Extra 3D Lash and Barry M Showgirl Extra Volume Black Mascara's for a while now and they are OK but nothing spectacular. I don't want to throw the Barry M one cause the packaging is so good. I love a good, weighty chunky mascara! As a staple, I have the Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. And then finally, I have the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. I have had this for a while and didn't open it and then today I did and I AM NEVER GOING BACK. Worth all the hype.

And that's everything! I don't keep lip products in my bag because I change it everyday so it would be pointless and would get full quickly. I hope enjoyed this little tour around my make-up bag and please feel free to leave feedback and comments on the way out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments