Powered by Blogger.

25 Days of Xmas - Day 1 - Christmas Songs

By 12:00 PM , ,

Welcome to my first post in what should hopefully be 25 days of Christmas posts! This post turned out to be a lot harder to write than I imagined. I always knew what my top Christmas song was but then narrowing it down to just 5 choices turned out to be harder than I thought. But I did. These are my 5 best songs but there are certainly other songs that I would add to the list that I love to listen too. Here is the Top 5:

1 - Fairytale of New York by The Pogues ft Kirsty MacColl
This is by far my all time favourite Christmas song, so much so that it is the only Christmas song I actually have on my iPod.I don't even know what it is about it that makes it my favourite. I think it might be the Irish sound of it, but this song tells me that Christmas is here!

2 - Last Christmas by Wham!
What I love most about this is that I could totally imagine this song being a rom-com Christmas movie! I do like the Wham version but I also really like the cover version by Ashley Tisdale.

3 - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everday by Roy Wood and Wizard
This song had the perfect title. I think if it was Christmas everyday it would be no where near as special as it is. But this song is one that you can't help but sing to and dance to and get so excited about.

4 - Merry Xmas Everybody by Slade
It's CHRISTMASSSSSSSS!!! I don't think I need to say anymore about it!

5 - Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin Stevens
I like this song because everything that you associate with Christmas is packed into this song.

So that is my top 5. There are lots of other Christmas songs that I love to listen to as well like Do They Know It's Christmas? and All I Want For Christmas Is You. I really like the Gabrielle Aplin version of The Power of Love and Christmas Wrapping. I also remember that on The Chris Moyles Show on Radio 1 years ago they use to play a song called Dominick the Donkey and I have that too! Go listen if you have never heard it.

What are you must have Christmas songs? Tweet me a link or let me know in comments below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments