Powered by Blogger.

25 Days of Xmas - Day 10 - The Christmas Tag

By 12:00 PM , , ,

Having recently done the Disney Tag and the British Tag, I thought it would be very appropriate to do the Christmas tag given that it is that time of year. I would say there are a few versions of this tag floating around, but for my questions today, I took them from the Christmas tag by EnthusiastBlog.Com. I hope you enjoy reading my answers and better yet, I would love to know yours, so please share them with me!

What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I have quite a list of favourite Christmas movies which you can read about here. If I had to choose one film that was the only film I could watch at Christmas I think I might have to go for Elf.

Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I don't think I can ever remember getting snow on Christmas day, but I certainly remember having snow after Christmas day, but in England, we usually get it in January/February. I'm pretty sure I remember a Christmas were is was sunny and not cold at all!

Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home with my family. My Dad's family live in Ireland and it would be more hassle than it's worth to spend Christmas there because a lot of them don't get on!

What is your favourite Christmas song?
This one is easy - Fairytale of New York just makes Christmas for me. It isn't really Christmas till I here this!

Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I never open any presents before Christmas day. Sometime I would get Christmas gifts from the children I worked with, which were usually edible, so I would tuck into them before the big day. While I don't open them, I do give them a good old shake and prod! I actually have a cheeky story coming up later on about this so make sure to read it for more.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph. I didn't google that either! I promise to Santa Clause that I didn't.

What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I think the two things I look forward to most each year are watching the set Christmas movie list I have and also picking out my wrapping theme - I take it deadly seriously.

Is you Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake as anything! The one year we had a real one it shed everywhere and by Christmas day it looked like a twig! Im pretty sure we ended up putting up our fake one. And I was forever stepping on pine needles. Was not worth the hassle!

What is you all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Terry's Chocolate Orange or Chocolate coins, even though they taste the same as regular chocolate. I was going to say a tub of chocolates like Celebrations too, but you can have them any time of the year.

Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I would like to say with all my heart that it is giving but I don't think anyone would say no to getting. I love taking time to choose something that maybe they didn't think they needed or wanted, but they actually do. I like wrapping them - that's my favourite part! I like it when I get a present which is so simple, inexpensive, yet totally me! I've just seen the next question so I'll go into that more.

What is the best Christmas gift you've ever received?
I never ask for anything big or expensive for Christmas! I'm happy with a DVD I've been wanting for ages. I remember getting a Gameboy one year and I actually still have it and it still works! But going back to the last question - one Christmas I got this really inexpensive, little trinket box which is glittery with hearts on and it was one of my favourites. It's sat next to me now! I like getting things I can do like craft kits.

What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
New York without a doubt, I can just imagine it being beautiful! But there is no place better than your home.

Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I consider myself an epic Christmas present wrapper - if that job existed I would get it hands down. I always take ages to choose my wrapping, I match the ribbon to the colour. I am so picky about bows, but last year, I learnt how to make them and did so with Christmas catalogs. I make sure the tag matches the wrapping and I'm marginally good with odd shaped ones.

Most memorable Holiday moment?
My Chrismases kind of stay the same each year so I don't know if I have a stand out Holiday moment. I went to a religious primary school and remember doing a nativity called "Rock Around The Flock", which I'm pretty sure I still have the script for. But it's things like that first Christmas song each year or the moment your decorate the tree that really make it.

IF YOU ARE OF A YOUNG AGE THEN SKIP THE NEXT QUESTION - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

What made you realise the truth about Santa?
What truth? It kind of just happened really but because I work with children, it is still there with me a bit. I think its more the magic of Christmas that Santa brings and the joy he brings to children.

Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
Not usually but I did that year and no. I don't really get excited about New Year and I never even stay up for it anymore. But this New Years is going to be exciting because Sherlock is back with a special set in the actual time it suppose to be!

What makes the holidays special for you?
I think everything - the music, the films, the present giving, the baking, the Christmas specials on telly, the decorating. I don't think there is one thing in particular, it is more the whole package of Christmas - and don't even tell anyone I said this but I don't think it eould be truly Christmas to me if it wasn't freezing cold outside!

You Might Also Like

0 comments