Powered by Blogger.

25 Days of Xmas - Day 11 - Christmas Memories

By 12:00 PM , ,

Today, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite Christmas memories. As I have said already, my Christmases tend to be the same every year, but there are still some moments that have stood out for me or are Christmas memories. I would love to hear some of yours too, so if you do want to share, leave them in the comments or tweet me @prettyedu88.

The Art Of Unwrapping

This story goes back to when I think I was in Primary school, or very near the end of Primary school. This was the year I discovered my parents hiding place for my Christmas presents. In fairness, it wasn't actually the best place to hide them, yet I had never found it before. It was in one of the drawers under their bed. And I did something terrible - they were already wrapped, so I unwrapped some of them to see what they were. I'm not talking full on ripping the paper off. No, I was more skillful than that. I carefully pealed back the tape so that no mark was left, undid the folds and peeped inside. I then redid the folds and carefully pressed the tape back down - you would have thought no one had been there! They weren't my main gift, just some stocking fillers, but I still think it was really cool and to this day, I have never told anyone (until now!) and I have never been found out!

Try Before You Give

This is a really cheeky story but I am not ashamed to admit it one little bit as it was only my sister! A lot of the time me and my sister usually just ask for DVD's. Anyway, I pre-ordered them off amazon and they all arrived in the post. I had seen most of them, but there was this one film (Pitch Perfect) and I hadn't seen it. So I took off the clear packaging and watched it! Then I wrapped it up in Christmas paper and presented it to my sister on Christmas Day. She didn't have a clue, but I was prepared if she asked and I was going to say that I heard the DVD rattling inside the case, so I had to open it to put it back! This year, she asked for Ant-Man and I was going to buy it myself at the weekend but when it arrived I decided to watch and keep that one and just replace her's at the weekend. I told her that story though!

The Never Asked For But Wanted Gift

This story takes place the Christmas before last in 2013. This was the year that I started to love Aztec print and I still adore it to this day. I had seen this really nice red scarf in New Look that was a dark red with black Aztec patterns on and I loved it. I didn't need a new scarf and to be honest, I'm one of those people who see something before Christmas and think 'I'll pick that up in the Christmas sales'. Anyway, fast forward to Christmas day and there is this soft package under the tree. I open it and there is the exact scarf I wanted. My Sister got me it and the strange thing was I had never ever mentioned to her about this scarf or show it to here so it really suprised me when I saw it. I still have it to this day and I actually picked up another one in the Christmas sale for £1

No Black Magic For Me

This next story I believe took place at Christmas though I can't be certain. If it did, I think it was after Christmas in the school break. Me and my Sister were at home alone and we had a box of those chocolates called Black Magic (Do they still sell them?). For those not in the know, it was a box of chocolates but they were all dark chocolate. I detest dark chocolate with a passion as white chocolate is my things so to this day I don't know how my sister convinced me and I'm pretty certain they were passed the sell by date. She thought it was the most hilarious thing to make me sit and try each one, even though I hated dark chocolate. Needless to say I didn't enjoy this one little bit and I still haven't gotten her back for it.

I hoped you enjoyed these little stories of Christmas past. Don't forget to share yours with me.

You Might Also Like

0 comments