Powered by Blogger.

25 Days of Xmas - Day 8 - Christmas Movies

By 12:00 PM , ,

Being the biggest fan of films, I have curated a good, set list of movies that I deem to be Christmas classics. Though I have picked up a couple of new ones along the years, I don't think there has been a truly good, new Christmas movie in a while. So here is my list of Christmas movies:

A Muppet's Christmas Carol
I use to be beyond terrified of this as a young child and I don't really know why now. It does have that slightly darker side to the Muppet universe that you see in films like The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth but I really think I appreciate more as an adult than I ever did as a child.

Elf
This is the first movie that I watch each year. It is just beyond funny and has so many quoteable lines and moments that just speak Christmas to you. I have to admit that I am prone to shouting "Santaaaaa! Buddy style at random points during Christmas. Will Ferrell is just so good as Buddy and despite it being funny, there is a real heart about the true meaning of Christmas at the core.

Jingle All The Way
This is by far the cheesiest Christmas movie on the list but I use to watch this all the time as a child and I still really enjoy it now. It is just one of those really cheesy Christmas movies that make a good Christmas. I have noticed its on Netflixs so if you haven't watched it, I command you to right now!

Love, Actually
I wasn't the biggest fan of this movie when it came out, but now it is on the list! I like that it shows all sides to Christmas, that there are all different meanings of family and come one, everyone loves a rom-com.

The Holiday
I don't know if this is classified as a Christmas movie, because it does take place at Christmas but isn't really about Christmas. I prefer this over Love, Actually and I do remember going to see this at the cinema, but I can't recall if it was actually in December or before that time. Again, it's just a really great rom-com.

Arthur Christmas
This is my most recent addition to the list. I imagine that I've seen and there probably are lots of Christmas animations but film wise, I can't really think of any others. I just like the whole story of how far they will go to make sure that every gets the Christmas they deserve. It's a more modern side to the Santa story. The only other animation that I love was one that was on TV when I was younger called The Forgotten Toys, about how children were throwing aside teddies and dolls for more techy toys and how a bear and doll ended up homeless, but thanks to a man aka Santa, they find new loving homes.

The Santa Clause Movies
I remember watching the first Santa Clause movie with Tim Allen when I was young and it has stuck with me ever since. Again, I think it is a great twist on the story of how someone can become Santa Clause. I don't think the sequels match up to the first one but I do like watching them.

Are there any Christmas films you think I should add to my watch list immediately? Then tell me right now in the comments or on twitter @prettyedu88

You Might Also Like

0 comments