Powered by Blogger.

Top 10 TV Shows 2015

By 2:03 PM , , ,

I have watched a lot of TV this year! This isn't even a statement it's an actual fact. I think if you looked at my Netflix and NowTV, you would see just how much TV I have watched. I think I have watched so much TV this year, that my movie count has gone right down. But I think 2015 has been a great year for TV, with so many great shows both on TV and on service like Netflix. I only signed up to Netflix this year, but I discovered so many programs through it that I would never have had the chance to watch on regular TV, because they just didn't show them. So I have put together a list of my ten favourite. They are in no particular order, because that would have broken my brain to choose and a lot are US shows, but I have got some British favourites to.

1 - Jessica Jones

One of the main reasons I signed up to Netflix was to watch Marvel's Daredevil, but I've only watched two episodes of it so far. I think it is quite hard to get into, but I do want to watch it. However, as soon as I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones, I was hooked. I beasted through it in a weekend. It is definitely a lot more psychological than a lot of Marvel stories, but I also think it's story stands out from other Marvel outings because it doesn't follow the same structure or cliches. I'm so looking forward to another season of this! This show gets my award for best opening titles though.

2 - Once Upon A Time

I have my sister to thank for telling me to watch this show and I was so glad I did. Fact - I have watched seasons 1-4 twice this year I enjoyed it that much. I really love how they mix all the different characters from fairy tales and Disney together to create this mix universe. I will say that I haven't enjoyed the start of season 5 as much as other seasons. My favourites are the early seasons and I actually loved the whole Neverland part, which I think a lot of people didn't. If I was to suggest one show to get into I would hands up say this one.

3 - Pretty Little Liars

This was my other reason for signing up to Netflix. I remember a few years back watching the first season of this on some channel that doesn't exist anymore and then it just kind of disappeared which was really annoying. TV channels in the UK do that a lot with imported shows (Hart of Dixie for starters but luckily that is out on DVD now), yet they show half seasons of cancelled shows. I love this show the more and more I went through the seasons but I am going to say that I found the A reveal a bit of a letdown, it was not who I predicted at all and while it would have been hard for it to be one of the core 4, that would have been far more epic. I'm looking forward to the flash forward and what the new A is going to be like - it's a bit like they have regenerated the show.

4 - The Flash

Being a massive Arrow fan I didn't think I had room for another superhero show, but by the end of season 1 of The Flash this year I was hooked. The season 1 finale of The Flash is one of the best episodes of the show, so much that I watched it twice. It was an incredible end to a fantastic first season and I have been really enjoying season 2 so far and there have been a couple of stand out moments too.

5 - Arrow

I was late to the game on Arrow, but after my sister leant me the first season I knew I had to keep watching. As I have said before, it was the only reason I ever got NowTV, although it has been handy for other shows as well! I haven't entirely figured out what it is I love about to show, although I'm in for anything comic book based. Season 1 and 2 were really good, season 3 lagged a little in the 2nd half, but season 4 has been really good so far. The mid season finale had such a good ending, but I haven't quite figured out whose in the grave yet.

6 - Poldark

Finally we have some British TV. Don't get me wrong because I love British television, I just felt this year it hasn't been as strong as previous years, especially towards the end of the year, I've found there hasn't been as much on. I started getting into period dramas when I was a teenager and now I'll watch anything set in a time gone past. I really got into the storylines in this show and not being old enough to see the original, I don't have anything to base it on. I helped it was nice on the eyes too (I'm talking about the scenery :) ). When I went on holiday in October, I went to Padstow which is the town over from where they film Poldark, but sadly they had long sinced finished filming it.

7 - Downton Abbey

I truly am sad that Downton has ended, because I tuned in from the very beginning and while I know you should go out on a high rather than let it get stale, I still think they had some stories left to tell. *SPOILER ALERT* I was glad that Edith finally got her happy ending because she deserved it far more than Mary ever did. I think the finale was good in wrapping things up but I think everything was a little too nice and happily ever after considering past story lines. I don't know what I'm saying though, what did I really expect - the Abbey to collapse or something. I really want to get my sister to watch this show cause I think she'll love it and she has never watched it.

8 - The Great British Bake Off

This how made my summer - I love a bit of Mary and Paul. I never watched the first few series of this, which considering I am a keen baker, you would have thought I would. But then I watched a couple of the celebrity specials and loved the format, so I tuned into the original version last year. It's a show you don't want to watch when your hungry because everything they make looks so delicious. I funnily enough filled out the application for the next series but I haven't sent it in. I don't know if I will yet, but I only have to the 10th Janaury, but we'll see.

9 - Orphan Black

I have been a massive champion of this year ever since it started, I wasn't a Netflix bandwagon one. I've been anticipating for season 3 for ages, which considering it is a BBC America program, you think we'd get it here easily. I think they ended up sticking it on TV at an ungodly hour, but luckily they put the whole of season 3 on the iPlayer in one go. They storylines on this show are so incredible and detailed but I also like there is a dark comedic side to it as well, especially with Alison and her husband. I'm not going to say too much about season 3 without giving away things, but having seen the trailer for season 4, I'll be on a ledge till it comes on. This show deserves more promotion in the UK than it gets!

10 - Reign

I'm not going to lie, but I kind of wrote Reign off when I saw the trailer for it a couple years ago and then it never found a home on UK TV, so I didn't think anything of it. Then I see it pop up on Netflix and curiosity got the better of me and I was so hooked. I think season 1 was the better season but season 3 is pulling it back a bit now. I know historical wise the show is flimsy but as history is not my thing at all anyway, I truly couldn't care less. They need to use Bash more though because he was really good in season 1 and now they never seem to give him anything to do. I recommend giving this a go and you get new episodes a couple day after the States.


I hope you enjoyed seeing what shows I have loved this year. It was really hard to choose just 10 because there are others I love too (special mention to Supergirl, How To Get Away With Murder and Grey's Anatomy). I'd love to know what your favourite shows of 2015 were, so either leave a list in the comments below, or tweet me over on twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments