Powered by Blogger.

Boots.Com Make-Up Haul Pt.2

By 11:40 AM , , , , ,

Today I'm sharing part two of my Boots haul. In this part, I am revisiting a brand that I use to love, as well as sharing a very interesting looking object from Maybelline.

Miss Sporty is a brand that reminds me of my teenage years so much. Being a cheaper brand, at the time it was perfect for a strap cashed teen to by make-up from, as well as their lovely array of nail polishes. In particular, I remember having a silver eyeshadow, which made my eyelids look like they were cover with tin foil, and a nude, shimmery glittery lipstick, which I kind of think I still have somewhere. One thing that I did rave about and use till a few years ago, was their Fabulous Lash Mascara. It was insanely good and it was £1.99, so what more could you ask for. I'm surprised they still have it, so I might have to pick one up next time I'm in town. I demand you all give it a try! Judging by the products I chose and the coverage they have been getting from beauty gurus, I kind of feel they have had a bit of a makeover and are becoming a contender for all the other quality, cheaper priced brands. A UK Essence if you will.

Miss Sporty was on 3 for 2 at Boots, so as the other lip liner I wanted was out of stock, I treated myself to a couple of their products. The first I picked up was a My BFF Long Lasting Lipstick in 101 My Adorable Nude (see the name again!). These remind me in style of the Revlon lip butters. This is more of a coral nude with just a hint of shimmer. It does slightly border on becoming a bit of a frost shade, but it feels really nice on the lips, like a gloss. I'm not sure if I would choose this shade again, but they do have some other nice shades, I think I got caught up in the name! I really like the packaging on these and at £2.99, they are a great price point.

Next I picked up the much raved about Perfect Stay 10 Hour Concealer in the shade 001 Light for £2.99. There is something quite cute and dinky about this, I can't think why though lol. This product I would say is there answer to the Collection 'EPIC' concealer. I picked the shade light, which I have to admit is a little more on the dark side of light - I can just about get away with it. It is a thinner consistency to the Collection one, but I have used it to cover blemishes and it builds quite nicely. This would make a great under eye concealer, because it isn't too thick. I don't know if I would pick it up again, purely because it is on the darker side of light. But I am going to use it and i might get back to you on it.

Finally, for my free product on the 3 for 2, I picked up a Studio Colour Quattro Eyeshadow Quad in 408 Smoky Rose for £2.99. Again, there is something quite cute and dinky about this. I went for Smoky Rose as it had a really nice mix of colours in. These are all shimmery tones, so it would be nice to have a matte in there as well to mix it up. The colour payoff could be a bit better as well, as they are really nice shades, but as a little everyday quad that you can throw in your make-up bag, it does the trick.

Last of all from Maybelline, I went for this strange looking item. This is the Maybelline Dream Blender Foundation Blending Sponge, priced at £4.99. For some reason when I looked at this online, I thought that this would be big, a bit like a beauty blender on a stick. It's actually more like one of those mini beauty blenders. I haven't heard much about this, but I just thought I would give it a whirl for foundation, but I haven't tried it just yet. It comes with instructions on the back and it feels really sturdy, I will just have to wait to see how it lives up and if it is easy to clean - why white!!! Why do they not make beauty blenders that are the same colours as foundation! I'm going to go on Dragons Den with that one.

So that is the end of my little haul1 I hope you enjoyed it and I will get back to you with some thoughts on the products I got later on next month.

You Might Also Like

0 comments