Powered by Blogger.

The Movie Tag

By 11:42 AM , ,

Apologies for being away for over a week. I am still trying to get over my cold/chest infection, so I haven't been up to much. I'm coming back to you today with the Movie Tag, which originates from BeautyCrush on YouTube. Being a movie fanatic, I thought this was perfect for me.


1- Favorite movie of all time?
This is literally the hardest question for me to answer because I love so many films that I don't really think I have an all time favourite movie. If I sort of switch it up and say films that I have watched the most, it would be The Avengers, Mamma Mia, Tangled, Beauty and The Beast, but I can't choose an all time favourite.

2- Favorite scene from that movie?
I think the latern scene in Tangled is so visually stunning and a there is a very similar scene in Thor: The Dark World, at his mother's funeral.

3- Favorite actors /actresses?
This changes all the time depending on what movies are out. I'll watch anything that has Hugh Jackman in because I think he is a fantastic person. I think that David Tennant and Benedict Cumberbatch are really fantastic actors too, as everything I have seen them in has never disapointed me. With actresses, I really like Jennifer Lawrence cause she just hits is every time.

4- Most annoying actor/actress?
This is a hard question to answer because if I don't like a certain actor/actress, I just tend to ignore that there in the film. I have a thing about Kristen Stewart but I really don't know why because I've watched movies she's in and liked them, so I honestly couldn't tell you why.

5- Best director?
One of my favourite directors is Hayao Miyazaki, who directs the majority and is a part of all the Studio Ghibli animated movies. His movies are so visually stunning and is a big proof that hand drawn animation still has value and that you don't have to resort to silly, stupid stories to make an animated movie. His storytelling is incredible. I also like Christopher Nolan, particulary Prestiege and his Batman Movies. I feel he never misses it with any of his movies and he brought a lot to the Batman series that took it past the overly comic book style of previous efforts and made it more of a movie (if that makes sense). Though he doesn't direct a lot of movies, Richard Curtis is another great director, especially mixing comedy with drama.


6- Favorite guilty pleasure film?
A lot of people really didn't like this movie, but I can't help but have a guilty pleasure for Tron: Legacy, purely due to who stars in.

7- Favorite tear jerker?
I am not a crier when it comes to movies at all. I remember going to see Les Mis and my friend was crying, while I was stone hearted. However, the one film that nearly made me cry, and this is going to make you laugh, is Marley and Me.

8- Character from a movie that scared you the most?
I don't watch Horror movies because I hate anything scary, so a lot of characters don't scare me. I remember going to see King Kong at a late time at night and being terrified a giant ape was going to come through my window!

9- Movie you love everyone hates?
I'd probably go with Tron:Legacy like I said for my guilty pleasure. But me and my sister have incredibly similar tastes in movie, but one film I love which I know she can't stand is Zoolander. I think it is so funny but my sister just doesn't get it. I also really liked the Daredevil movie and the Fantastic Four movies (not the new one), which I know got slated.

10- Movie you hate everyone loves?
I actually really have never gotten into the Lord of the Rings movies. I wouldn't say I hate them, but I think they fanny about a lot trying to get a bloody ring and I have had to sit through the extended versions, which was just painful. They have just never caught my attention.


11- Favorite movie duo?
Again, this is a really tricky question, but I really like the films that Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are in together. They are both really funny in their own right. I think I like The World's End best out of the ones they have done, but Paul and Hot Fuzz are so funny too.

12- Favorite animated movie?
Easily Tangled, but I love a lot of animated movies.

13- Actor/actress crush?
Far, far too many to list! But look at my guilty pleasure and you'll get one! But judging my the massive poster of Thor I have on my bedroom door, I'm going with him. Not Chris Hemsworth, but Thor! Work that one out!

14- Favorite movie villain?
I think Heath Ledger's Joker has got to go down in history as one of the best crazy villains on screen, as well as the fact that there is always that sad tinge to his performance knowing it was one of his last. Villains are hard to get right and a lot of movies nowadays have them as an after thought to the main character and they are not very well written.

15- What movie surprised you the most?
There are definitely a lot of movies I didn't even think I would touch, but have genuinely surprised me at how I liked them. A lot of British indie films have so much class and good acting in them. There is also the opposite that some films look amazing from the trailer but end up leaving you dissapointed. For the first part of this, there is a British movie called The Scouting Book for Boys which I loved but never thought would interest me. For the second part, The Simpson Movie surprised me as it was a bit dull and last year I went to see Pan, which had an incredible cast and a celebrated director and it just fell flat. One movie that I genuinely shouted at the TV at and I can't believe I am admitting this, was Kung Fu Panda 2 and the after credit bit. I woke my Dad up I shouted that loud.


16- If you could only keep one movie what would it be?
That is cruel! I would probably go with Tangled just because it has everything I love about a movie in it and I get a lot of joy watching it and never get bored of watching it.

17- Movie recommendation and for whom?
A recommendation for everyone would be Studio Ghibli's Grave of the Fireflies as it is definitely a more grown up animation because it is a 12, but the story in that film is so incredibly touching and you'll think about it a long time after you've seen it.

18- If you could go back in time and marry actor/actress from back when (now old) who would it be?
I really can't answer that one as I don't watch a lot of older movies, which is something I do want to do.

19- One remake you wish had never been made?
I'm going to go with reboots here rather than genuine remakes. As much as I actually enjoyed the movies and thought that Andrew Garfield made a good Spider-Man, I think The Amazing Spider-man movies were a reboot that came a little too quickly. Don't get me wrong because I own them and watch them, but I prefer the original Spider-Man trio. But I think top of my list would be Man of Steal, cause I cannot stand that movie at all and think it did nothing for the Superman movie universe. I'm really not looking forward to the new one with Batman in either.

20- About to die but could only watch one more movie what would it be?
This is going to be my answer to everything, but as Tangled as known in my house as my 'not feeling well' movie, I think it is appropriate here.


21- Favorite movie genre/favorite movie from that genre?
Apart from Horror, I pretty much watch ever kind of genre, so it is hard to choose just one. I get a lot of joy from watching any movie that is sort of comic book based, if that is a genre. The Avengers is just an incredible example of putting characters together and fan-girling, but I really like Guardians of the Galaxy too. I love British comedy, romantic comedy dramas as well, which I think it something Britain just gets right. I don't really think this answers the question well!

22- What's the first movie you remember watching in theaters?
The Jungle Book and this must have been a reissue to the cinemas because it certainly wasn't when it first came out, it was in the 90's


I hope you enjoyed this little insight into my love of films. I could have really gone on but then this would have been more of an essay than it already is. If you have done this tag or have any movie recommendations, feel free to let me know.

Photo: Mario Calvo @ Unsplash

You Might Also Like

0 comments