Powered by Blogger.

The Simple Things

By 3:45 PM

Who doesn't enjoy the little simple things in life? Sure, going on a fantastic day out, full of activity and having a cheeky spend does sound like fun to me, but sometimes, it is just nice to enjoy the things that are more simple, but bring just as much joy. So today I thought I would share with you some simple things that I enjoy doing and I bet a lot of you do too!

Baking Cookies

For some people the thought of baking might bring more stress than simplicity, but I love nothing more than cracking open a baking book and having a good at an old tried and tested recipe. Baking cookies is my go to and at the moment, it is peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. Fun fake, I do not like peanut butter by itself, but still it in anything and I'll eat it. My favourite chocolate bar of all time is either a peanut butter lion bar, or a peanut butter kit kat chunky.

Changing My Calendar

For Christmas last year, I got one of these wooden calendars that you change everyday and I never go a day without changing it, apart from when I was on holiday. It is one of the first things I do when I get up in the morning.

Jaffa Cakes

Need I really say anymore. Do they only sell Jaffa Cakes in the UK? I would love to live in Australia, but seriously, the lack of Jaffa Cakes there is a negative for me.

A blanket and a book

I tend to only read at night in bed, but I love cuddling up in a blanket or my duvet and enjoying a good book. I went to the library on Thursday. Went in for no books, came out with 7 which were very heavy to carry home. At the moment, I've just started Wool by Hugh Howey, which I've wanted to read for a while.

Listening to my Spotify playlist

I would like to think I have curated a great list of tracks on my Spotify playlist, but others might not lol. There is a mixture of everything, including Christmas tracks (I skip them for now!), songs I'm loving at the time and some of my favourite Disney tracks. My favourite songs at the moment are Alive by Sia and We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez.

Watching British Comedy

I would like to say that I am impartial in bigging up British comedy, but being from Britain I am totally biased. I love classic British sitcoms, such as Miranda, the Vicar of Dibley and Dinnerladies, as well as British comedians like Peter Kay and Michael McIntyre. Is laughter not more simple!


I hope you enjoyed reading about my simple things. I'd love for you to share yours with me too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments