Powered by Blogger.

Trying: Lip Liners

By 11:41 AM , , ,

There are many things that are part of a lot of people's normal beauty routines that I have just never tried. So being a new year, I decided that I was going to experiment a bit more with beauty looks. The first being lip liners. I think I have long needed to try lip liners because lipstick just doesn't stay put for me sometimes and I don't have a well define lip line, so I think they would just add something extra to my lip look. I have started off with three budget friendly liners to give it a whirl, for brands that I have used before.


Essence Lip Liner in "12 Wish Me A Rose"

Price: £1.00
Score: 3/5
Postives: Nice colour, good payoff, budget friendly.
Negatives: A little drying.

Essence is one of a trio of very budget friendly brands whose products actually stand up to those of higher priced brands and at £1, it is a great price point to start off trying lip liners. The selection in my Wilko's is not nearly as extensive as online and they also didn't have the Longlasting Lip Liner line either, so I went for the pencil form in a lovely pink shade. This is a more of a barbie toned pink, but just a little more muted, so I could see this working with a lot of pink toned lipsticks. This went on quite smoothly, and was fairly painless when filling in the whole lip. It feels slightly drying on it's own and with a lipstick over the top. Overall, I would rate this liner a 3 out of 5.


Collection Lip Liner Precision Colour in "12 Pink Heaven"

Price: £1.99
Score: 2/5
Postives: Nice colour, budget friendly.
Negatives: Very hard, hard to apply, patchy.

I had really high hopes for this Collection liner, as looking at the colour, it looked like a gorgeous, deep pink nude, which is right up my alley. However, I don't know if I just got a bad one or what, but this liner requires a lot of work to get any colour out of it. I found it very painful to fill in my lips, because you had to press quite hard just to get any colour off it. It was patchy still even after I managed to just about fill my lips in, which is such a shame as it is a lovely colour. This pencil could have been a really good dupe colour wise, if only it matched up with quality. I give it a 2 out of 5, but I'm being generous.


Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in "050 Tiramisu"

Price: £2.99
Score: 5/5
Postives: Great colour, budget friendly, smooth application, great payoff.
Negatives: None

Rimmel just hit it dead on with a lot of their products, so having high hopes for this liner, I was gladly impressed. Just is like a dream lip liner for those just starting out with it. It glides on so easily, requires no work, fills in the lips quickly - I really can't say a bad thing about it. I have to give it top marks of 5 out of 5. I don't think I need to say anymore other than buy it!


So that is my first go at trying lip liners. I'm afraid to say I haven't tested longevity yet, just because I haven't been wearing a lot of lip products lately, but judging by the rate some of them stain the back on my hand, I think they stay put a long while. I can't wait to try some more Rimmel liners, but if you have any suggests of budget friendly (£5 and under) of great lip liners in mostly nude shades, I'm up for recommendations, so leave me names in the comments or on twitter.

You Might Also Like

0 comments