Powered by Blogger.

Book Confessions Tag

By 12:00 PM ,

Along with my inability to pass up on buying DVDs and Nail Polish, I also have a bad addiction to buying books. My Dad thought that if he bought me an eReader that this would combat the problem - boy was he wrong. I have loved books from a young age and my house is full of books. I have boxes of old childrens books in my loft, I have boxes of books in both of my wardrobes and I have two shelves above me covered in books. I am one of those people that even if they have read the book, I keep hold of it because I do reread books. I do give some away to friends and charities, most chic lit, if I don't think I'll ever want to read them again, but mostly they are like children to me - I couldn't possibly part with them!

So for today's post I am bringing you the Book Confessions tag. This is originally a tag for book bloggers and I originally read it on Spines&Covers, as it's original author seems to have shut their blog or I can't find it.


1- Which book, most recently, did you not finish?

The Hunger Games - Mockingjay. I have been reading this book since before Part 1 came out at the cinema, and I don't know if it is because I couldn't get into the books as much as the movies, are because I wanted to watch one of the movies without knowing what would happen, but I just couldn't read the end of that book and I still haven't. It is very rare I don't finish books, even ones I don't like and there are other books I haven't finished reading, because I read multiple books at once, but I know I want to finish them like Paper Towns. I will say as well that I got to the last 50 pages of The Lord Of The Rings and didn't finish it, but I really don't like the films either.

2- What book is your guilty pleasure?

Any crappy chic lit which follows the same story as every other bloody chic lit, but God I love them! Either that or any Gossip Girl book.

3- What book do you love to hate?

Does it count if you haven't actually read it! I think anything like Twilight and The Vampire Diaries because I just think vampires are stupid! I will admit I own Twilight but I've never read it. I can't comment on whether they are well written because like I said I've never read them.

4- Which book would you throw into the sea?

I recently read a book called "The Weight of Water" by Sarah Crossan, which looked interesting. I don't know if I missed something but it just seemed such a simplistic story that there was nothing to get into. It felt more like one long character backstory or character description. I feel sad writing it because it has good reviews on Amazon but I just didn't get it at all.

5- Which book have you read the most?

I book that I constantly read over and over again, is a series of books which are the diaries of a character called Rachel Riley by Joanna Nadin, who is a teenage girl. They are so relate-able and so completely hilarious. I don't often laugh out loud at books, but some of the writing in these you just have to. There is one point when her brother ends up a funny colour from food dye and so to try and tone it down, they use another colour - I'm not explaining it well, you just have to read it. If you've read the Louise Rennison books, you'll love them.

6- Which book would you hate to receive as a present?

A dictionary maybe lol I love getting books so I would never turn many away but maybe anything overly factual or sport based.

7- Which book could you not live without?

All my books really, I am a hoarder for books and it takes a lot to give them away, but one from my childhood which I will never part with is The Jolly Postman and it's sequel, because they are fantastic books.

8- Which book made you the angriest?

One that I have read and people might find controversial, is The Fault In Our Stars, which up until I read the author's notes I loved, but then when it said that the cancer treatments were fictional, I just couldn't get passed that, having seen cancer in my own family. It made the story feel like to me that it wasn't based in reality, even though I know it has a lot of feelings and things that people would face in the situation. I just think it was unnecessary.

9- Which book made you cry the most?

Like I have said before, I have a heart of stone to things like films and books and it takes a lot to get me upset about them, because I think at the back of my mind I am always aware that they aren't real. If we go with crying with laughter, than definitely the Rachel Riley books have had me crying with laughter. I think Jennifer Niven's All The Bright Places, is an incredibly written and beautiful book and that is very sad, but I think while I feel the sadness, it is never enough to cry. Another like that which I just finished last night was "A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness. That is such a beautiful story with very well written and thought out characters and even though the ending is sad, it is beautiful too.

10- Which book cover do you hate the most?

I hate when you start a series and the cover style changes half way through. Case in point being The Princess Diaries, which I have about three different style covers across the entire series, which bugs me to no bloody end. They also did it with my beloved Rachel Riley books as the last one came out a far while after the others. But I'll admit it right now, if a book cover doesn't pull me in, I won't read it. That is very terrible I know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments