Powered by Blogger.

Face Value: How Much Does Your Face Cost

By 12:06 PM

When I first thought about doing this post yesterday and I started all the pre post research, I was under the illusion that the make-up that I put on my face daily, wouldn't add up to very much. But when I did the maths, I was actually really surprised at the total cost.

I am very much a frugal person when it comes to money. I don't tend to by DVD's when they first come out or wait till they are on offer. With make-up, I tend again to wait till it is on offer or I used websites like Fragrance Direct, which is also where I get a lot of expensive brand nail polishes for a fraction of the cost. So it still astonished me that my face value was pretty high, granted not as high as some others might be.

So let's do the Maths. For my face value, I took my everyday look. This consists of foundation, concealer and under eye concealer, powder, eye base, mascara, blush and lipstick. Whilst I do sometimes switch up my products, I went for what I felt were the ones I always reached for. All prices are taken from either Superdrug or Boots, which is where I buy the majority of my products from.

Let's start with foundation and powder. I mostly always reach for the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, which RRPs at £8.99, which is the price I am using, but I believe I got it on offer at £5 when I bought it. For powder, it is the tried and test Rimmel Stay Matte, which retails at £3.99. So far, that makes £12.98.

Next are concealers. For under eye, I use Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, which is £5.49 and for everything else, I used Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, which is £4.19. Our total is now £22.66.

For my eyes, most day I just use a Maybelline Colour Tattoo, which are £4.99 and finish off with a coat of Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara, which is £7.99. We are now up to £35.64.

To finish off, I use what I feel is a treat for me, which is a MAC blush, which are £18.50. I got mine on Fragrance Direct, so it was a little cheaper, but not much. Whilst I have many lipstick, my go to most days is the Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude, which is £6.49. Again, I don't think I did pay more than £2 on Fragrance Direct.

That puts our grand total at £60.63. I was actually really surprised because I didn't even think it would be anywhere near that. Even if I substitute my MAC blush out for my other go to at the moment which is an Essence one, that still makes around £45. It is something I never even gave a second thought before, but it does surprise me a lot and I know I've said that a lot.


So I am setting myself a challenge. I am going to find a really budget friendly version of my everyday face and I am aiming to spend only £10 (around there!) and I will be looking for quality. There is no point going cheap if the quality is cheap. But I know there are so many great budget friendly brands out there where the quality is superior to some high end products. I'm in the process of doing the research, so I'll let you know how it goes in an upcoming blog post.

You Might Also Like

0 comments