Powered by Blogger.

Make-Up Resolution Palette Haul PT1

By 11:48 AM , , ,

As soon as I got an email from Make-Up Revolution about their new releases the other day, my fingers lost control, typed in the website and ended up buying two palettes - I told them off afterwards. One of these palettes as soon as I heard about it I knew I had to have it, the other I have been looking at for a while now.

I picked up the Fortune favours The Brave Palette (£9.99), which is the brands collaboration with British Beauty Blogger. Everything screamed out to me about the palette and I was a bit of a magpie for the packaging. The second palette I picked up was the New-Trals vs Neutrals Palette (£6.99), which I have been looking at for a while now because of the mix of shades in it. I have this one to share with you today, and I will be sharing the other with you this weekend.

The New-Trals vs Neutrals Palette features 16 generous square pan shades in a mix of finishes and tones. It comes with a usable eyeshadow brush, rather than on of those padded ones that no one uses and a nice large mirror. Compared with the usual Revolution palette packaging, the lid is matte, which is pretty to look at but a bugger for finger marks! I can't fault the packaging quality, this thing is weighty.

I love that this palette doesn't have my usual shades in. You get some mattes like Cool, Bias, Neutral, Adapt, Trend and Tone, but you have gorgeous shimmers like Buff, Style, Partial and Mode. There are some extremely warms toned reds and oranges, some that almost look like blush (I totally think Personal and Vogue could pass for blush), but this is what drew me in.



(Left to Right: Bias, Neutral, Personal & Vogue)



(Left to Right: Trend, New-Tral, Tone & Custom)



(Left to Right: Cool, Style, Partial & Mode)



(Left to Right: Adapt, Buff, Suit & Strong)

There are so many shades in here that surprised me, cause I don't think I have anything else like them. I'm not going to lie, some of the warmer, red tones do scare me a little but I really want to pull them off. If I had to pick my favourite shades I would go with - Neutral, Partial, Mode, Adapt, Buff and Suit, especially the last three, they are a more grey toned brown which is something I don't have but can't wait to use. The only one I am disappointed with is Custom because I didn't get much payoff with that one.


Check back this weekend for part 2 with the Fortune Favours The Brave Palette (I'm going to say this right now - it looks like Caramac!).

You Might Also Like

0 comments