Powered by Blogger.

Make-Up Resolution Palette Haul PT2

By 11:35 AM , , ,

Today I have to share with you the second half of my palette haul, which is the Fortune Favours The Brave Palette.

This palette is a colab with British Beauty Blogger. I am a big fan of Jane's blog because it features a good mix of high end and drugstore products, but it cuts to the chase, if it works, it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. No fluff, just honest reviews.

The first thing you will notice about this palette is the packaging! Instead of the usual black and rose gold packaging, this thing is solid gold. It is a little thing, but it makes it feel that little bit more special. As I said in my last post, this thing remind me of Caramac (who loves caramac cause I do!). Again, it isn't flimsy, nice and weighty, with a big old mirror inside. I will say that mine has two slight hairline cracks in the same place on each side at the hinge, which is a tad annoying because if they break further it might fall apart. On Jane's blog, you can see a few other versions of the palette that didn't make the cut and one also had gold inside, which i think would have looked really cool.

This things is packed with 30 eyeshadows of all colours and finishes. We have matte, shimmers and a couple of marble shades too. I don't know why, but I expected the pans to be bigger, more MUA sized, but when your putting 30 shadows in one palette, you have to make them a little smaller and I can't say I have ever hit pan on any shadows yet. They are very close together, so hopefully I don't end up mixing a few together. There is a great mix of colours, from neutral tones, rose tones and then some green and blue tones, but very wearable.

Here is an overview of the whole palette. I'm not going to name them all and swatch them all because Jane has done a very good job over on her original post, which you can see here. But I have picked out 12 shades that magpied me, which I've starred below.

Let's just call it - these shimmer shades are inside in pigmentation, especially the marble ones. I will say I did struggle getting some payoff with a few of the more matte shades, maybe because I was swatching using my finger and not a brush, but I'll report back on that one. The gold ones had me those especially golden coins and super gold. There are a few other shades that have caught my eye that I can't wait to play with.


Overall, I am very pleased with this palette and think £9.99 is a great price point for such a great and unusual mix of shadows. I can't wait to have a proper play with it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments