Powered by Blogger.

Fragrance Direct Haul Part 1

By 3:20 PM , , ,

One thing I love about Fragrance Direct - you can buy a butt load of amazing products and spend pennies! Well, not literally pennies, but for my three part haul (because I bought 15 products!), I only spent £16.66 and I got some amazing things.

The first part of this haul is going to be all about eyes! All the products in this part of the haul and in most of the haul come from the brand NYC, which is a brand I have used a couple of products from in the past, but always really like them, especially their sunny bronzer. Unfortunately, my local Superdrug no longer stocks NYC products and it seems the website doesn't either, so I made sure to stock up.

The first eyeshadow palettes I picked up, were two of the Individual Eye palettes in "Union Square" and "Smokey Green" both £0.99 each, which is a bargain for four eyeshadows! Both palettes come with four shades, a cream primer base and a creme illuminator. I haven't swatched either of the two creme product for pictures, but the primer is really creamy and makes a nice base, while the illuminator would make a great inner corner and brow bone highlighter. I love the cross hatching on the eyeshadows, I don't want to mess it up. I really like the packaging too as it is quite sturdy, so could survive rattling around a make-up bag! The only thing I will say about having cream and powder products together is that is a nightmare to keep the shadow from getting mixed up, even with the little plastic protector.

Smokey Greens has quite an unusual mix of colours which I don't know if they would all work together for one look and can't quite see it yet, but I'm willing to be proved wrong. All had good pigmentation, but my favourite shades in this are the highlighter shade and the cranberry purple shade.

Union Square was such a surprise for me when I swatched it, because I thought it was an OK palette, but looking at the swatches, it is a pretty amazing palette. These all had amazing pigmentation, with a really good highlight shade and a dark, deep, purple red. But my favourite colours in this are the middle two shades, which are both very usual nude tones. The matter brown, is a very bronzer shade of brown, which while labelled as the lid colour, would work great as a crease transition shade, whilst the crease shades is a beautiful bronze gold glitter shade. I can't wait to try these out on the eyes.

Next up I picked three of the quad HD Color Quattro Eye Shadow Palettes in the shades "Best Of Broadway", "A Kiss On The Hudson" and "South Street Seaport", which were £0.75 each. These are pretty much the same as the other palettes, minus the two cream products and have great sturdy packaging.

Best Of Broadway has all the colours you would need for a brown/black smokey eye. Some of the shades are more pigmented than others, but the texture of the shadows is really lovely. The highlight shade didn't pick up well on camera, but it is such a lovely glowy shade, but I like two middle tones best.

A Kiss On The Hudson was the palette I was looking forward to the most, as it had such a lovely mix of rosey shades. These all had great pigmentation, especially the glittery taupe colour. I didn't realise this till I swatched this, but this is incredibly similar in colours to the Miss Sporty quad I picked up in a Boots haul in January, but this has better pigmentation.

South Street Seaport has a lovely combination of pinks and browns. Again, the pigmentation was good and I liked that the colours weren't too bright or saturated, as I think this palette would be great for a subtle, everyday eye look.


That is it for part 1. Stay tuned for part 2, which featured a lot of blush and a lippy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments