Powered by Blogger.

My Morning Skincare Routine 2016

By 2:56 PM , , ,

Hello again! I know I got into a routine of posting at least every other day, but for some reason last week, I had a mental block. I also think I am becoming a little bit addicted to The West Wing, so that hasn't helped. But I am back today with my morning skincare routine.

I am in no way an expert on skincare but I do have one rule - simplicity. I think sometimes you can get over crazy with skin products, feeling the need to apply every lotion and potion to your face. 1 - I don't have the time for that in a morning and 2 - who can really be bothered with all that. I don't know if this is scientific at all, but I feel that putting loads and loads on you face can have the opposite effect to what you want which is healthy skin. But that is my rant over.

So a little background one my skin. I have no idea what skin type I have most of the time, so more often than not I go with combination. I can get an oily t-zone like the best of us, but I can also get dry patches, particularly on my cheeks. Spot wise, apart from the occasional one here or there, I'm pretty much OK on that side and have never suffered with acne (I'm probably jinxing myself right there!). I have three steps, which I can't honestly say I always do, but we will go with a good 90% of the time.

Step 1 - Cleanse

I don't know if you would classify this as a cleanser, because is called a daily scrub, but to me a scrub is more bitty and grainy. I have been a long time fan of Neutrogena and while I did walk away from it for a while, it pulled me right back in. I just think that the Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub is great. I do suffer with visible blackheads at time on my nose, but this just combats them. It says it is pore reducing as well, which I would agree with. It just does the trick for me, without coming anywhere near to breaking the bank balance.

Step 2 - Exfoliating

I remember reading up about Glycolic acid about a year ago and how adding a daily exfoliation step to your routine is a good idea. I know a lot of people are fans of the Pixi Glow Tonic, but it isn't easy to pick up in stores, so I research and alternative and went with the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads. These had Glycolic Acid to help resurface the skin, Hyaluronic acud for moisture and Blue Daisy to calm. I really did notice a difference in the texture of my skin after using these. It just looked for much clearer and healthier for want of a better word. I think I noticed it the most when I stopped using them and my skin went crazy. These are around the £12 mark when full price, but I use one a day which lasts for two months and more often than not, Superdrug always have them on offer.

Step 3 - Moisturise

I don't like a heavy moisturiser for the day time, so I stick to something little weight, which is why I went for the Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum. I know it is a serum and not a moisturiser, but as I have dry patches sometimes, I want something that is hydrating. Again, this says it adds to a smooth and radiant complexion, which I would thumbs up to. I apply two pumps to the face in the morning.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I get up to in a morning. I would love to know your morning routines, so let me know in the comments your picks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments