Powered by Blogger.

Pamper Guide: DIY Pedicure

By 11:37 AM , ,

For today's pamper guide, we need to look south at those two thing that sit at the bottom of our legs - feet! Our feet do a lot each day and if you're like me, they often get just a touch neglected. Whilst I am always giving my hands a treat, even if it is just painting my nails, my feet are like my long lost friend. So in today's guide, I am going to show you how to do a simple at home pedicure. And just for your own piece of mind, there is only one partial shot of my foot - people have a thing about looking at feet and as I also have a strange nail, I will graciously keep it hidden (I did something to my toe last year and lost the nail and it is only just looking somewhat normal now!).

You will need:

  • A bowl of warm water
  • Bicarbonate of Soda (optional)
  • Foot Scrub of choice
  • Nail Clippers
  • Moisturiser of choice
  • Base/Top Coat
  • Nail Polish of choice (I went with Barry M's Pink Lemonade)

Step 1: As my toes were polish free, I didn't need to, but remove old nail polish. Fill a bowl with warm water and stir in a couple of tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda. Soda is good for re balancing your feet, especially if they have gotten a little smelly and sweaty! Soak for a good 5-10 minutes, or if you can't be bothered to time, either three good songs or an average youtube video!

Step 2: Once your feet have had a good soak, it is time to exfoliate. You can do this with a pumice, but I prefer a scrub. You can use your favourite scrub for this but you can also make your own. Peppermint is always associated with products for feet, but for my scrub, I mixed 4 tablespoons of sugar, with two tablespoons of honey. I like quite a coarse scrub, but if you prefer something finer, add more honey, a little water, or use a finer grain sugar (caster sugar for instance). Then get scrubbing, concentrating on areas of dry and hard skin, particularly the heels and big toe!

Step 3: Once you're done scrubbing, rinse your feet well and give them a thorough dry, particularly in between the toes. If your nails need it, trim them with nail clippers. Do this straight across and avoid cutting into the corner as this can be painful and cause ingrown nails.

Step 4: Next, apply a generous layer of moisturiser to each foot, taking time to really massage it in, particularly in those areas prone to dry and hard skin. If you have the time, you could leave this to sink in for 5-10 minutes, but if you need to get one, pat each foot with a towel and wipe any excess from the nails, as any creams or oils on the nail will effect your application of nail polish.

Step 5: Finally, give your toes some colour with a base coat, followed by your colour of choice and a good layer of top coat.


Your feet should be left looking top notch, whilst the skin will feel lovely and smooth. Keep this topped up in between pedicures by applying moisturiser to the feet before you go to bed and the occasion pumice if any areas are looking dry. Now your feet will be summer ready (if it stops raining!).

You Might Also Like

0 comments