Powered by Blogger.

5 Multi Purpose Make-Up Products

By 11:54 AM

With this being the season for going away on holiday, it is always essential to just pack the essentials. However, if you are anything like me, you will have fully mastered the art of over-packing. I'll admit it - I am an over-packers. I pack for every occasion because you just never know. I pack way more clothes than needed and only wear about half of them. I pack everything and the kitchen sink - because it is just who I am.

It is always good to cut down wherever possible when packing and that is why multi-purpose items are perfect. It might only be a little item that takes up just a tiny amount of space, but say that about everything and you'll end up with no space. Starting little and working your way up, is a great way to know what you really need and what you don't need at all (did I really need that 3rd book when I hadn't even started the first and have an ereader!!!). So in today's post, I am going to talk you through 5 multi purpose make-up items, in the hope that this will start you on the path to becoming an expert packer - and let's just hope I take my own advice.

#1 Concealer = Eye Primer
Concealer is a nifty little product that can be used for so many things. Rather than taking your eye primer and possibly an eyeshadow base with you, cut out those two items and use your concealer as an eyelid primer. Concealer is meant to stay put, so if the maths is right, it should keep your eyeshadow from going off on and adventure without you. The left swatch is without and the right swatch is with concealer, so it really makes a difference. Concealer can also be used for highlighting under the eyes as well, using that upside down triangle shape.

#2 Bronzer = Eyeshadow
Everyone is all about the warm toned eyeshadows, so it would make perfect sense that bronzer would make the perfect eyeshadow as well. This isn't anything new, as people have been using bronzer in the crease for a while, but if you are going off to some sunny climate and want gorgeous, tan, glowy make-up, bronzer would make the perfect eyeshadow. If matte and not to orange, bronzer is perfect for a subtle contour as well.

#3 Lipstick = Cream Blush
This isn't going to be for everyone, but as lip and blush shades come from totally similar colour palettes, your lipstick can double up as a blush as well. An old favourite of mine, Revlon's Lip Butter in Peach Parfait , is a perfect match for a pinky orange shimmer blush, whilst any red lipstick, used sparingly, would be perfect for a rosey pop of colour. People either love or hate cream blush, so if this isn't for you, then pack a blush anyway.

#4 Eyeshadow = Highlighter
I haven't quite got into highlighting, which seems to be the thing to do at the moment, but I can appreciate a nice light highlight on the tops of your cheekbones. If your highlighters are anything like mine, they ain't the smallest of things, so why not substitute your highlighter for a champagne tones eyeshadow. Many eyeshadows are so pigmented today that they are just as good as a highlighter and most palettes come with a highlight tone in them anyway. Make sure to blend it really well so it doesn't look like you have decided to overdo the eyeshadow look.

#5 Eyeshadow = Eyeliner
Again, this isn't anything new, but I think a lot of people underestimate how good eyeshadow is as an eyeliner. I personally cannot do a cat flick for the life of me with an eyeliner pen, but with eyeshadow, I find it so much easier. Either use it dry for a subtle smokey look or wet your brush to get a more pigmented, crisp line. You have so many more colour choices as well. I wouldn't use this on the water line though, so if you like eyeliner for the waterline, I would pack one for that.

#BONUS Multi Purpose Palettes
Whilst we would like to think there is a perfect full face palette out there, I have yet to come across one yet that had the whole kit and kaboodul in it. I have a very old No7 palette which is so compact and has a mascara, lipstick, eyeliner, lip liner, blush, highlight and 8 eyeshadows in which comes close to perfect, but is past using for most products. A Multi purpose palette is a great thing to own when it comes to packing lighter and my go to palette for that is the Tanya Burr Candy Glam Palette, which has nine eyeshadows, a blush and bronzer, plus a mini nude toned lipgloss. It is about the size of my hand span, which is perfect and it has a mirror.


I hope some of these tips have helped you when it comes to packing for your holidays or ever for a day to day basis. If you have any more multi-purpose make-up products, share your tips in the comments below.

You Might Also Like

0 comments