Powered by Blogger.

Top 5 Movies To See

By 4:40 PM , ,

If you haven't gathered by now from reading my blog (I don't think I've been to subtle about this!), I adore movies. I have always loved watching them, but it must have been around the time I was leaving school, that I really got into films. I loved reading film magazines, finding out about all the behind the scenes on the making of them, waiting in anticipation for the first trailer (and playing guess the trailers at the cinema!), cultivating in the end game of getting to watch it. I would like to think that I have a high class of standards for movie, but in true reality, you are just as likely to find me watching a film that the critics have savaged, as well as watching the hits - while I might not buy the DVD, as long as I leave with a smile of enjoyment, that is enough for me. The only one problem with all this, is that I have to wait ages for the movies to come out. I remember reading an article about "The Dark Knight Rises" and thinking I cannot wait for this film to come out - only to find I had a good 18 months before it actually did. So for today's post, I have decided to share with you 5 films I hope to go and see at the cinema. I've tired to keep them within the next 6 months (with one exception) so you don't have to suffer the same agonising wait as me - I'm already in denial that the next Avengers movie won't be till 2018!


#1 - Suicide Squad
Released Date August 5, 2016 / Trailer

This one you don't have to wait long at all for, because it is out in just under two weeks. Suicide Squad is the latest movie from the DC comic book universe, telling the story of a bunch of criminals, who are put together by a secret government agency to fight dangerous missions. The name comes from the fact that they are seen as expendable. If you have watched Arrow (and why the hell not!), you will already be familiar with the Suicide Squad, as well as some of the characters. The characters of Deadshot (Will Smith), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Katana (Karen Fukuhara) and Amanda Waller (Viola Davis), have all featured in the tv series (and unsuprisingly - though I won't spoil and say how - they don't feature in it anymore - I wonder why that is???!!), but you will be more than familiar with the main baddie, The Joker, from several Batman movies, with Jared Leto taking on the role. I'm most looking forward to seeing Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, as she looks like one colourful character. Batman (played by Ben Affleck), has a cameo, whilst some characters have yet to be confirmed (one rumour is one is set to be the Green Arrow, which annoys me no end). If you like comic book movies, you in for a treat, but I think this will be a great new twist on the set comic book movie formula.


#2 - Bridget Jones's Baby
Released Date September 16, 2016 / Trailer

I can remember the first time I ever went to see Bridget Jones at the cinema. I was in high school and I went with a couple of my friends. I also remember seeing the second one vividly as well. I've grown up watching the Bridget Jones movies, just like the character has in the movies. They are classic, British rom-coms and this series is among the best out there. The latest film is a brand new story, not based on the books (I haven't read the third but I do know what happens). From the title, it is pretty obvious what happens, but we have a new addition to the movie, in the form of Patrick Dempsey, who I think is a more than good enough replacement for Hugh Grant. The film brings back all your favourite characters (minus Hugh Grant), and is written by the author of the book, Helen Fielding, as well as British actress, Emma Thompson. Just looking at the trailer, I predict this will be as hilarious and heart warming as both the others.


#3 - Doctor Strange
Released Date October 28, 2016 / Trailer

You might sense a theme throughout this - I love comic book movies. I can't even claim to have ever read a Marvel or DC comic (does the Beano count! I read that), but I just love a good comic book movie and tv series. The next from Marvel is definitely one that a lot of people would not have heard of - Doctor Strange. From what I gather, this one leans towards magic and sorcerery, more than action which will be something we haven't really seen before from Marvel, whilst the characters name derives from the fact that he is a former surgeon and his name, ironically, is Strange. The title character is played by Benedict Cumberbatch and from looking into the character, he was born to play him. The film also has a great roster of other actors including Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Tilda Swinton. I loved the first trippy style trailer and I again think this is going to be a very different take on the comic book movie formula.


#4 - Moana
Released Date December 2, 2016 / Trailer

Everyone loves a good Disney movie and the next animated classic to be released is Moana, coming towards the end of the year, which considering it's setting, for us Brits weather wise, it is quite ironic. The film is set in the ancient Oceania in the South Pacific and tell the tale of the title character Moana, a talented navigator who sets off in search of a fabled island. The film features Polynesian mythology and gods, with Moana journey math being Maui, a great demi-god. With Dwayne Johnson voicing Maui and newcomer Auli'i Cravalho as the title character, as well as some hopefully classic Disney songs, it has the set formula to be a smash hit! Plus it is directed by Disney legends who directed The Little Mermaid and Aladdin to name but a few!


#5 - Wonder Woman
Released Date June 2, 2017 / Trailer

Now here is my wait list - Wonder Woman. Despite not being out till next year, having seen the first trailer this weekend, it had to go on the list. I have not seen Batman Vs Superman, or whichever way round it goes, yet so I haven't seen Wonder Woman in action. But having been so impressed by the trailer, it is making the list. Most people are very familiar with the character already. Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman, is an Amazonian warrior, who after pilot Steve Trevor, crash lands on the island and tells her about the World War, she sets off with in in the the hope of defending and ultimately trying to end the war. The title character is again played by Gal Gadot, with Chris Pine playing Steve Trevor. I am hoping that this will be a great movie with a kick ass female lead, who doesn't end up being a damsel in distress. Judging by the trailer, I highly doubt that! I can't say that I am as infused by the Justic League trailer, purely because I have one Flash and that is the way I like it - and what is with the Iron Man looking suit (true comic book geniuses, feel free to correct me in anyway!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments