Powered by Blogger.

Trailing New Skincare - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

By 3:16 PM , ,

This weekend, when I took myself off for a trip to town, I went with notion of buying some new skin care. I think skin has a great way of telling you when your skincare might need a bit of a mix up and mine was telling me this through the way my make-up was applying and looking on my face - it just didn't look good. I have been using the same routine since last year, so I decided to switch up a few product (including my holy grail Nip + Fab Pads!).

The first to switch up was my moisturiser - or lack there of! Instead of moisturiser, I had been using the Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum, which is a serum rather than a moisturiser, but it was so lightweight. When I did a little pre browse online, I went to one of my go to brands for skincare and that is Neutrogena. Their products just work for me - always have and hopefully always well. They had just released a new collection called Hydro Boost and I don't even think someone could have the skin complaint that their skin is too hydrated, so I decided to give it a look.

A lot of brands seem to be bringing out hydrating ranges. I recently tried the Garnier Tissue Mask for their new Moisture Bomb collection, so it must be a new trend. Luckily, when I went to Boots, they had a tester of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel. I applied a bit and then walked away. However, as I did a browse, I couldn't help but touch the skin I had applied it too, because it just felt so smooth! I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I knew I had to purchase it.

At £12.99 for 50ml, I feel that is a good price to pay for a product that will do the job but also for one that a little goes a long way. The product claims to be instant absorbing, intensely hydrating, refreshingly lightweight, as well as oil free and suitable for sensitive skin.

Having been using the product for about 4 days now, I wanted to share some initial feedback with you. I would totally back up that it is instantly absorbing and lightweight. It leaves the face feeling so soft and smooth and like my skin is prepared for my make-up application (which looks better too!). Because it is gel based and absorbs quickly, it doesn't leave you with moisturiser residue on your face. One way I felt it felt was like when you apply primer.

But does it feel hydrated? This is a tricky question to answer as I haven't been using it for long enough to properly assess this. One way I can explain it was when I used it on my elbows. I had incredibly dry elbows the other night and decided to put a little bit on. It was gone completely by the next day and felt smooth and soft.

Overall so far, I have really enjoyed using this product. Check back later in the week for more new skincare products and I will feed back to you next month on my results.

You Might Also Like

0 comments